Rome Total War!!

WWTharn

Rome Total War:

... Well I'm sure anyone who has been following this has picked up a copy.. I think the game is pretty darned good.. I wish they used thie RTW engine for Medieval TW though-I think I like the medieval ages better than 200 BC. But all that aside the game has got to be the best strategy game for computers ever... And I mean "EVER". 9.5 out of 10 is my score. I'm taking some away for the naval aspect- I'm sure a patch will come out to make the AI a bit more agressive with their ships.. if that happens then i see no other flaws.
Anyone else have a view on this great game?

Rome Total War:

... Well I'm sure anyone who has been following this has picked up a copy.. I think the game is pretty darned good.. I wish they used thie RTW engine for Medieval TW though-I think I like the medieval ages better than 200 BC. But all that aside the game has got to be the best strategy game for computers ever... And I mean "EVER". 9.5 out of 10 is my score. I'm taking some away for the naval aspect- I'm sure a patch will come out to make the AI a bit more agressive with their ships.. if that happens then i see no other flaws.
Anyone else have a view on this great game?

Glad to hear you're stellar review. I may pick up a copy now.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude,

best strategy games ever have been produced by the God of Gods Sid Meier.

Civilization, 1 2 and 3, along with Play the world and Conquests are perhaps the greatest games of all times.

For real time action I know Reaper understands,, Gettysburg!! was the Shiznit!! along with anetiem..

Colonization although MS dos still rocks.

I can not add up the Years of my life over the past decade or two that these games have taken up.

I have no other games in my computer including IL2 that can keep me playing for 8 hours straight...

Average game start to finish for me is around 22 hours.. in Conquests and as soon as i'm done i'm ready to go again.

As for Med Total war and the others they did well to add the real time action to the battles but there global interface needed some tweaking.. I'll be going out to get the rome one, but i doubt it caputers my craving for Stragey as Sid Meiers ever could..

One day Reaper we got to get Anetiem loaded up and see how long it takes for my rampaging union forces to wipe you from the field!!

How long do i have to stand here????? muuuhhaaa

I imagine the 3 day battle would rock now with the speed of our connections!!

S!

General Taconator

Gettysburg was an awesome game, and the first Civ game was the only game I've stayed up all night playing.

Rome is a good game (from what I see so far), and maybe as I get deeper into it I'll apprciate it more.

I've been like you, with my computer time limited the last couple of years so other than trying CoD and MoH a bit (till I found out they both made me sick, literally) I've only been playing Il-2 since I've been back active with WW's.

I played civ 2 for a very long time- any strat gamer knows Sid and what he's done-
But when I got civ 3 I was very dissapaointed.The AI and diplomacy were so lacking it ruined the game for me.Was a matter of how long will it be til every other nation turns on me?
I've heard the expansion makes the game much better-But thats how the darn game should have been in it's first offering. Too late now- Rome TW is a phenomenal turn based game -sure there are some times when it could get tedious if you like to micro manage -but all games of this genre have that. everything is customizable so you really dont need to keep track of things if you dont want to - I enjoy the management part along with the war strategy.
Iv'e played alot- I mean alot of strategy games, and Rome TW is a culmination of all things good for armchair generals.

Now Taco- If I were to have the chance to play online with a game like civ 3(Conquests)then id consider getting the expansion. I used to play 'call to power' online- <--- another civ type .

I'll be going out to get the rome one, but i doubt it capturers my craving for Stragey as Sid Meiers ever could..
<-- you wanna bet?

Reaper- Once you win one of the roman family campaigns-either the short one or long one- it unlocks about 12 other nations that you can play instead-

I'll be going out to get the rome one, but i doubt it capturers my craving for Stragey as Sid Meiers ever could..
<-- you wanna bet?

Reaper- Once you win one of the roman family campaigns-either the short one or long one- it unlocks about 12 other nations that you can play instead-

Cool. I'm playing a short campaign now and wondered about playing as the other folks.