WWCephas

IL2 COOP missions every Friday at 7PM PST <-TIME CHANGE

I have been hosting an informal IL2 COOP flight weekly for about the last 5 years (Janes WW2 Fighters before IL2). We fly custom missions and have a wide variety of mission types and aircraft. Everyone is welcome to join. If you want to join us we will meet on a voice comm server with the following IP.

edit:

CHANGED, WE ARE NOW USING THE SANDBOX TEAMSPEAK 2

Edited by Guest

S! Cephas. Thats 7pm for me. I'll try to get Ventrilo voice comm server set up, and join. Do you have a big group flying, who tried Teamspeak and had troubles with it?

Participation varies wildly, at some times I have had up to 12 or more and some weeks last week only 2. We use Ventrilo because we prefer the sound quality especially if two people talk over each other. If a lot of WW's wanted to fly and preferred TeamSpeak we could use that though.

BTW that's 7PM for you? Where do you live Hawaii?

S! Cephas. Thats 7pm for me. I'll try to get Ventrilo voice comm server set up, and join. Do you have a big group flying, who tried Teamspeak and had troubles with it?

Plague, you really are going to need to get a Nebraska -v- the world time conversion kit. If you show up at 7 your time I believe you'll be 3 or 4 hours early......

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

Na, we 2 hours later than the West Coast. Guess I do get that confused. Lived on the WC for 17 years, think I'd have it straight by now. I'll try to make it at 11pm then.

Come fly PF tonight. We are using TeamSpeak now at Taipans server 9PM PST

Server IP address: taipans.dyndns.org
password: blah
log on anonymously.

I have a bunch of new missions this week, hope to see some of you Friday at 9 PM PST.

Server IP address: taipans.dyndns.org
password: blah
log on anonymously.

I'll try and be there.

BTW is this a public area in the forum? If so, unless you're inviting everyone that passes through you might want to move the thread.

Hope to be there...

Is that the TS server/password or the game server/password... or both?

The midnight thing is a killer.....

S! Cephas,

Thanx for the invite, midnite and later on Friday's is a hard one for me since I'm on EST. I'm generally free on Friday eve's, but at the wrong time for you guys!! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

I think I will start earler since so many WW's are East Coaster's. This coming week we will start at 7PM PST, it's hard to go any earlier than that and have dinner with the family.

I had a blast last night, we flew til about 12:30, and the missions turned out well. We didn't even get to play half my new missions even then.

I think I will start earler since so many WW's are East Coaster's. This coming week we will start at 7PM PST, it's hard to go any earlier than that and have dinner with the family.

I had a blast last night, we flew til about 12:30, and the missions turned out well. We didn't even get to play half my new missions even then.

Cool!

I was around last night but after 2 days of wind, rain, holds, turbulence, reduced visibilities, low ceilings and everything else I was DONE like dinner. I was snoring by 8:30pm PST...

Ahh the joys of relatively short legs and fall/winter flying - you never get to leave the lousy weather - just keep flying through the same system over and over. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_censored.gif&key=03cdbeb4d5a559d94c6d8ddfd7c4e89990b6e9758cf0ce798bb7b3f50a4ec609">

This might be doable...... 8)

@ Wringer: I spent a night in Iceland one six months. :lol:

:P Yea - I spent 5 winter nights living/working `North of 55' - and farther North. After awhile you get used to looking at your watch and wondering if it is 1:00pm or 1:00am .... hmm just had lunch - it must be 1:00 pm. :?

Well actually, when I lived in Thompson we had 4-5 hours of daylight - but we flew out of Churchill and Rankin Inlet for 2 weeks at time as well. They were farther North with much shorter days.
Then there was flying out of drill rig site exploring for oil on the edge of the Beaufort Sea north of Inuvik - Very short days even in March.
I find it somewhat depressing when it is full on dark by 5:00 pm around here with shorter days, Standard Time, and living on the east side of the time zone. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

How about that packed ice/snow??? :nervious:

I wuz pre-lighting my P-3 near the corner of the hanger when a taxiing P-3 passed by the rear and had to make a left 90 degree turn onto the taxi way (between hangars, no less!). The left main mounts broke loose from the ice and he did the neatest 360 degree spin I've ever seen...just kept on going out of the turn...!!! :shock: :P

Heck, no sweat, he missed my right wing by a good 6 inches!! :D/

You know...it's just a thot...but we have a lot of Canadians livin' down here in gatorland!!! 8) Life is choices...I wuz told!!! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

How about that packed ice/snow??? :nervious:

I wuz pre-lighting my P-3 near the corner of the hanger when a taxiing P-3 passed by the rear and had to make a left 90 degree turn onto the taxi way (between hangars, no less!). The left main mounts broke loose from the ice and he did the neatest 360 degree spin I've ever seen...just kept on going out of the turn...!!! :shock: :P

Heck, no sweat, he missed my right wing by a good 6 inches!! :D/

You know...it's just a thot...but we have a lot of Canadians livin' down here in gatorland!!! 8) Life is choices...I wuz told!!! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

Yea, it's getting close to that season up here - ice and packed snow. :P Of course it is only a problem when the temperature is near freezing ... at -20 F it's like concrete and not a problem - except for the ruts.

Watching a P3 size airplane do a 360 near my airplane would have the hair rising on the top of my head (what's left of it!). Reminds me of the night I was a near `nugget' in the S/O position (F/E) on the L1011. We were trying to taxi out in freezing drizzle/light freezing rain. (When I say `we' I was part of the crew but just along for the ride at that point).
When the aircraft continued to move forward AND sideways with the main wheels completely locked up it was time to go to PLAN B. Maintenance towed us out to the runway very slowly. The runway was treated but everything else was slick wet ice.

My sister-in-law and family live a couple hours south of you. They have a 5 acre piece of property east of Sarasota in Myaka City - big house - kids almost gone + a big garage with a planned in-law suite on the 2nd floor - We will be joining all the other Canadians for winters in a few years - hopefully!!

Sorry for hijacking the thread /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

Natops, I ought to steer my uncle towards this forum, and you in particular. He flew P2V's in 'Nam (mid 60's <??> ), and P-3's all over the world later on. I recall he was based at various times at Beesville, Tx; Jacksonville, Fl.; Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and Iceland (plus God knows where else).

I've got a "Gitmo" book he sent me when I was a kid.... That might be worth money now, considering what the main operations at Gitmo are these days....

::edit:: Just for the hell of it, some proof the Orion has teeth...

P3_Orion.jpg

...and, the Orion at work....
orions.jpg

We will be using the new 3.02b patch (or the bm new exe version) this coming Friday the 3rd. That is unless we get a new patch before. Patches that come out the same day as the flight are generally not used due to not everyone not having it installed.

We also are using the SandBox now as we are getting so many WW's flying. It's great flying with you guys, and I am finally back up to a nice number of pilots flying weekly.

Some new missions this week include an abbreviated Doolittle Raid, some B-29 bomber interceptions, a P-38 mission, a B-25 Port raid using skip bombing, and probably a flashback to one of my FB missions.

We will be using the new 3.02b patch (or the bm new exe version) this coming Friday the 3rd. That is unless we get a new patch before. Patches that come out the same day as the flight are generally not used due to not everyone not having it installed.

We also are using the SandBox now as we are getting so many WW's flying. It's great flying with you guys, and I am finally back up to a nice number of pilots flying weekly.

Some new missions this week include an abbreviated Doolittle Raid, some B-29 bomber interceptions, a P-38 mission, a B-25 Port raid using skip bombing, and probably a flashback to one of my FB missions.

S! Cephas,

Would you mind putting your weekly coop on the WW calendar as a
regular event? I'm working on getting one more going on a weekend day as well.

Thanks

Not at all, if Boeing ever calls me back to work (possibility in January), I will most likely be put on second shift so I will have to move to a weekend game myself.

Thanks for the calendar posting and for the server use. Even though it was not set up as a WW activity, the fact that we're able to offer this to our pilots is greatly appreciated.

Why don't you post it a month at a time for now until you know for sure how things will shake out.

S!