WWSandMan

I have too many sigs!

:lol: So what else is new, eh?

sandman_logo2.jpg

sandman_logo6.jpg

sandman_logo8.jpg

I have a few more stored locally, but haven't uploaded them. Most are variations on what you see above, with different aircraft as backgrounds.

Love the sigs Sandy. 'Tho I find the Corsair one a wee bit dark. What are you using to make them ... besides talent? /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

The Corsair pic is a screen-shot from a bad weather/evening QMB mission. I was hoping for a lightning bolt in the background, but my finger wasn't quick enough on the key. ;)

What are you using to make them ... besides talent? Wink

Very little in the way of talent. Copy, paste, re-size, paste some more. I use screenshots and snippets from paintings (web photos of the paintings anyway) by true aviation artists. I've got the WW logo and my nickname saved as individual PSP files, I add those as new layers to the resized and snipped photo base layer.

Think of the layer concept as a book with partially invisible pages, only the desired content of each page is displayed. When all your pages add up to a desired look, merge them into one page.

By changing the content of one page, you can save the book as something new. That's what I did with the various logos for the IL2/FB/AEP/PF Web Ring logos. They're all basically the same file (actually they all start from one base file), but I've edited additional pages for each different logo. That base file has about 15 layers to it now. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

I use Paint Shop Pro... the true artisans (Prof. Fate, Dubya, Falcon) use PhotoShop or even higher-end software.

Heh, my sig is a grand total of 5 layers! :D

I don't need no fancy different planes, i'm content with the jet. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_twisted.gif&key=76870aa9df6931b692ccc9ef4c7472a7834d1d9dfc6a76eccadd1fa39c0df891">

:?

I have PSP .... I'm going to have to experiment with layers.

BTW Sandy .. .. for the lightening - did you try Plague's method? Make a NTrack - Play it make a short Track while playing the NTrack and then play the short Track at 1/4 speed a few times until you got your timing right?

(assuming the Track within a track method still works)

I've done that a couple times, but I'm truly lazy. So I went hunting for other's screen shots, and stumbled upon Screen Shot Art .com and have been watching the talent there. I've snagged a few of those for possible future use... ;)