game problem

ok, when i'm in a game and press ctrl esc or alt tab and go back to the desktop and click il2 game tab at the bottom to go back to game it turns the game off, how do i fix this, because sometimes i lose my pointer and hafta do that to get my pointer back but it isn't letting me.

I don't know how to fix that, but here's something I do to eliminate frozen pointer in IL-2:

When I'm in Hyperlobby and the host launches (HL panes go black and it says "waiting 20 seconds for host to launch") I click in the chat type window to bring focus to the HL program. When I do that I never get a frozen pointer in IL-2.

Hope you get a fix for alt-tabbing out of IL-2. :?

Starkey, if you have a "windows" key on the keyboard, it will min. the game to the taskbar, and take you back to the desktop also. Might try that. I have to do this twice sometimes. My biggest problem is talking on TS in between the time the host launches from HL, and I see my FB/PF load screen. Freezes my cursor everytime.

I'm not sure the TS bandwidth use would interfere with game loading (other than to slow mission load time down), but not talking on TS once the host launches the mission is a rule of thumb that needs to be pointed out again.

As Plague mentions, having the TS talk button pressed after HL minimizes and IL-2/PF starts loading (or at any time that IL-2/PF is loading, even if straight from a desktop shortcut) is a sure way to end up with a game that's not "in focus", and with a dead mouse.

So...

Do Not Talk On TeamSpeak While The Game Is Loading!

Once you lose "focus", there are a few ways back in. What usually works for me is to ctrl-escape/alt-tab/Win-key my way back to the desktop, with everything minimized. Then I click on the IL-2/PF program button on the taskbar and get the game back to full-screen.

I tend not to use alt-tab much though, as it cycles through HyperLobby and occasionally my TS window (making it not minimize for some damn reason). Control-Escape to get back to the desktop works best for me in this situation.

There's another issue where you will lose most keyboard input (within the game) as well. This happens when your in-game chat "area" is open and overlapping the open in-game map display, and the mission begins or is re-loaded by the host. I still can't recall precisely what combination of swear words and voo-doo cussing I use to get my keyboard back, but I think it has something to do with typing something into the chat bar.