Sign in to follow this  
WWCephas

Friday COOP

With COT2 ready to hit the fan I thought it would be best to fly on our COT2 server and get as much practice in as possible. I don't have any time right now to make any new missions either with my class load for the next 2 months. The 3.04 patch should be out in a couple weeks (haha) so maybe by then we can resume Fridays CO-Op's.

If someone wants to invite JG1 to practice this Friday and Saturday with us again that would be nice.

I cant make it tonight- Ill be out breathin in second hand smoke...lovely.

Love to get something going Saturday evening though...
How about a 2 hour NGen session where we try and see how far we can push the front lines?

I am working on a series of historical recreations of the Battle of Midway for our Friday COOPS. They are based on the actual events but are of course scaled down to what the IL2 engine and net code can handle and also shortened and tweaked a bit for gameplay.

I hope you enjoy, the first two are done, and I am hoping to add one or two more before Friday.

Practice up on those carrier skills, especially for the IJN, as they are first to attack.

Land based Buffalos from Midway getting hacked to death by Zeros?? Cool!

Add in a couple B-17E's and a couple PBY's for recon, and the whole friggin IJN!

This is where we miss having the TBD Devestator torpedo bomber... Or any flyable torpedo bomber (Kate, Avenger, Swordfish -though not applicable here- ) for that matter.

Oh man! This sounds great! I can't wait to fly a Wildcat against zeros and try some serious Thach Weave. [Jimmy first successfully used this tactic at Midway!]

Also, I will have to remember that the gear up/down is a manual function on the Wildcat. [DOH!]

I hope nothing comes up so that I can make this! Just remember that this all starts at 10 pm EST for us east coasters. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

You will enjoy mission two then Natops.

One is the initial IJN assault with the focus being on ground attack.

Two is a closeup of VMF221's valiant defense of the island vs overwhelming numbers of Zero's.

Three is the futile land based counter attacks against the IJN fleet

Four if it gets made in time is the carrier borne attacks vs. the IJN fleet.

Status report:

The first 3 missions are pretty much done except final tweaking, I hope to start on mission 4 tonight.

These are pretty big battles and hopefully I can get Bard to host on his fat upload pipe, although my upload speed has been increased to 384, and I have managed to run 50 plane missions on 256K succesfully, so if he can't mine should work ok too. The first two missions are about 60 planes each. Running them on my home computer my framerates stayed pretty high, which was amazing in a furball that big, this should be very interesting. If you have never flown the F2A Brewster Buffalo I suggest you do some practicing, the gunsight takes some getting used to.

Please be sure to have your rate set to 8000 in conf.ini and hlpro.ini per this thread viewtopic.php?t=3667 .

We will be playing with Map icons on this week since these battles take place over mostly water.

I'm not going to be able to make it to the COOP or the NGEN this weekend. I've got the use of my family's cabin this weekend, and I fully intend on using it. I'll be back to wreak havoc next week. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_twisted.gif&key=76870aa9df6931b692ccc9ef4c7472a7834d1d9dfc6a76eccadd1fa39c0df891">

no gig this friday- so i can make it and will try and get on- i have a bad feeling though that one of the maps is the one pacific map that doesnt load for me- corrupt somewhere along the line.
only way to find out is to try and connect., see you friday 10 eastern.