Sign in to follow this  
WWSandMan

conf.ini items explained

This has been around for a while, just thought I'd throw it out for those new to the game. Or for those wondering what all those settings in conf.ini mean...

This is the original URL for this description (from MaXMhZ on SimHQ)

http://members.home.nl/maxmhz/conf.ini.txt

(tried doing a full quote of the file, but it didn't display well at all... all the spaces in the file got truncated creating a garbled mess when viewed here. Just click the URL above to see the file contents)

...is this still "up to date" ?

I'm looking to tweak my config settings for better graphics on my newer card (nVidia 6800GS).

Can anyone with a similar card please post their conf.ini file please.

Thanks in advance S!

p.s. Typically I leave the ground details (trees and such) OFF or very low as it was much less relevent as a dogfighter. But now as I learn to become a bomber, I should prolly tweak those to near max - since I think I can now with little loss of frame-rates. Am I thinking along the right-lines?

the trees settting only affects the single trees that are just sprites and will not damage your plane so they are not important. Trees 3 is the highest setting but then you may find trees on runways or other weird places from time to time.