Friday COOP Apr 22nd

WWCephas

I have some new missions ready to go for this Friday's flight, I will be hosting from HL again and hopefully will get some more (quality) people joining in from there as we did last week.

The theme of the first series of missions are RAF carrier ops in the Coral Sea.

Woohoo....cant wait! Can I play?

I know you were wanting quality and all....but I think you need to throw me in anyway so you have a good reference for what not to do. :lol: ...besides I'll make everyone else look that much better. :shock:

-WW"Goof-ball"Brian

HAHAH Brian. by quality I meant attitude not proficiency. All WW's are more than welcome, they get priority, although with my new connection I think I could handle a 32 player game.

So far I have 3 new missions in a mini campaign for 12-16 players ready to go and of course I have a large selection of older missions too.

I am going to have to ask someone else to host my missions this week due to my computer situation. My wife's comp has been having problems lately and died during an XP install (BIOS problem). So I gave her my laptop and thought a spare XP1700/Radeon 9200 would tide me over for a little while. Well the old motherboard on this comp can not handle IL2 very well for some reason, dropping into single digits on carrier launches at 640 res, although other games run well.

So while I wait for my new comp to arrive /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae"> I am going to need someone else to host this Friday, the new missions will be upped to my coop.zip tomorrow.

Also I would like to start a little later, say 8 PM PST due to an event earlier tomorrow evening I have to attend.

I've been given a new project at work, and I've got some serious issues to deal with tonight, so I won't be able to join as I had originally anticipated. I actually won't be around much at all this weekend. I hope you guys have a good time though.

Maybe we should wait until Cephas, (and others), can join us to experience the new coops, and instead run Ngen Kuban '43 or Coral Sea Campaigns, or some campaign Sandman might have, in DCG? Thinking that Cephas's new linear coops are something special, to be savored, and Ngen as fun, but as "fill-in" until we can get "a crowd". Not sure how many can make the late 10pm CDT or later 11pm EDT.

HEAR HEAR! We can do some Ngen...save the most excelent Cephas missions for when we all can enjoy them together.

~S!~

Sure... calling it an NGen evening is fine. We can start a bit earlier too. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

I've been having "issues" with NGen lately so I won't be able to host that sort of series, though I could certainly run a series of individually generated coops.

I can't make it. My father in law had surgery and may have had a stroke (minor) Wife is a mess and on the phone trying to find out whats happening. I am playing dutiful husband.

Our best wishes for you and your family Perc.

Wringer

We still don't know anything for sure.
He had ssurgery on his carotid artery for blockage.
After the surgery his left eye and left corner of his mouth are sagging and his tongue can't move to the left.
Terry spoke to her brother who noticed this.....so she called the nursing stationg. the nurse there said "really, we haven't noticed anything like that".

Terry's brother is a Printer, not a medical person....and HE noticed it..come on folks.

This is a hospital up the street from my boyhood home. I wouldn't allow them to work on my dog.

The old guy is up, walking and talking (As much as can be expected for a 72 year old guy who has symptoms of a minor stroke) so I don't think it's going to be Tatal.....

Thanks for your well wishes. I had my dad in my life for 25 short years, I've had my father in my life for over 30....so he's a bit close to me (and he's a great dude)

Oh, and to keep this thread on topic. My TrackIR that was supposed to arrive yesterday, didn't. They say it was "left in a facility" (I assume that means, the driver found it in his truck after he passed my area). But the UPS site doesn't give additional details on when (or if) it's going to get here.

Best wishes to your and your family, Perc. Very sorry to hear about your father in law.

~~

re: TIR "at the facility": If it weren't for other more important goings on (see above), I'd get their facility location and go pick the thing up. Then give the clerk and whatever managers happened to be around an earful about not getting proper delivery of your packages. Then again, if you weren't home at the time and a signature is required, they have no choice but to take it back and try again the next business day.

You can authorize them (FedEx, UPS, and local freight companies) to leave packages at a designated place on your property without a signature at the time of delivery (you sign their form and that covers required signatures for X amount of time). Inside the garage, under the table on the deck, whatever. This can be risky though, for obvious reasons: if the package was visibly damaged, you may have no recourse against the company handling the item for claims submittal; neighborhood theft; weather; kids; pets, and a few other things that can wreck a package. It's an option though, if you work long hours and never seem to be home mid- to late afternoons when most delivery outfits are doing their home deliveries.

Thanks for your concern re: my FIL Dandy.

I was home all day,and they've left more expensive things on my porch before.

As early as 7AM yesterday I had checked the UPS site and even that early they were posting the "delay" msg, "left in a facility". Maybe the dude scanned it inside, but forgot to put it on the truck.

The facility where it's being held is 50 mi. away. Somewhere near Dulles Airport.

:shock: 50 miles away?? That's not unheard-of out here in the boonies, but you're smack in the middle of things... You're right, someone forgot to throw it on the truck to your local delivering facility. I'm betting there's a UPS terminal within 20 miles of you.