Radio-Controlled F-14

WWChunk

Wow... that's an amazing model! Bigger than I expected, too.

I was waiting for the "comedy" part though... as the plane is on the runway, engines spooling up to full thrust, the guy controlling it is standing behind it. I was waiting to see his pants catch on fire from the exhaust. :P

Check out this RC jet powered plane!! http://www.mcgirt.net/RC/VIDEOS/Giant_B52/

Rumor has it that it cost around $35,000 to build it.

Ouch! I felt that crash! -- Did the same exact thing. Fortunatly mine was only with a mmm...'bout a 100 dollar styrofoam Piper Cherokee...

1.) Listen to the wind in that video!! Bad move!!

2.) Downwind leg you can even hear him say something about "that was only so-and-so throttle" or something similar.

3.) He got too steep a turn and the wind pushed the bottom wing past 90 - initial reaction is to give it up elevator! which only tightens the spiral in

.... for me, a little creative epoxy and balsa use and she was up and flying again next weekend....although with nowhere near the same flight characteristics! I ended up stripping the parts and shit-canning the rest.

I'll have to post pics of my baby -- a 1/4 scale 9' wingspan Citabria.

Wow! That F14!
I missed the significance of the initial part of the F14 video when the top/inspection panel was off. That MODEL has variable geometry wings! They can sweep back and forward. Incredible.

I had seen the B52 videos before. That sucker is BIG. Too bad about the crash and fire. The weather must have been a contributing factor. Very windy and gusty. A real airplane at 1500lb (2 place trainer) would have had difficulty on that day. Considering the investment of time and money I find it surprising that the modelers/pilots weren't more conservative with their decision to fly.

There is a gent near me with an RC F-16, jet powered. The RC field is near my old marina, and the first time this thing went overhead, while I was on the boat, I thought it was a real F-16 at altitude.

By the way, we have the Air Force Thunderbirds prefoming near me this Memorial Day weekend. If they use similar routing to what the Blues used last year, they will be passing over my marina during the show.