Friday COOP starting now (May 13th)

WWCephas

Remind me to change my wing-fold key.... or my tailhook key. One of them has to change. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

Had fun, thanks for hosting Cephas!

Had fun as always, even though SandMan tried to kill me after I touched down on that P-40 vs. Ki-43/A6M mission. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca"> Thanks Cephas!

Would have loved to join in but some kind of map error would not let me in. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_cry.gif&key=af9ce749339d5f0fdb3c25b91f656db35bace5cb48def1ec035d87a80c3c565e">

Sorry you had problems with that map, Happy. We only flew that one mission on the Berlin map. If you could of stayed until that mission was over, we flew for 3? more hours on other maps.

As far as your Berlin map not loading, they are bundled in those .sfs files in FB/PF folder. Berlin map is in the fbmaps03.STS file. It's 20meg, I can zip it and put it up on the FTP, you could download it, and re-place yours, it must be corrupted if it wont load properly.

I did find a nice "how to make a IL2 df mission page", for those who wonder, "how do they do that?".

http://www.battle-fields.com/article.php?artid=82

Finding all kinds of good stuff, lots of downloads on this page, no >SFS, tho.

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm

Edited by Guest

In one of the Pacific missions I got a .ntrk of Carrier landings after the "defend your floating home" mission. I lost my right gear just as I lifted off the Imperial Japanese Carrier. When I landed, I forgot my hook, or I would have pulled off that landing, I believe. Cephas was missing his right aileron and prolly other control damage, and if you want to see the entertaining ops on his carrier, during and after his landing, I put .ntrk up on Bard's FTP server. CephasPlague5-13.ntrk

Ha, forgot it was the 13th, or would of gone to external views to check my hook, /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

Made a couple quick movies of Chunk and I crashing last night.

Chunk was chased for 50km by a gaggle of Japanese and managed to outrun all but two while nursing an oil leak. As he cme into land this is what happened.
http://home.comcast.net/~pmcgwire/Chunk.wmv

I was coming in with a badly dying engine and bled a little too much airspeed off before coming over the fantail.
http://home.comcast.net/~pmcgwire/Cephas.wmv

If anyone has the track of the Seafire Pt. Moresbey mission I would really like to get that too

Had fun as always, even though SandMan tried to kill me after I touched down on that P-40 vs. Ki-43/A6M mission. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca"> Thanks Cephas!

LOL... I had gotten a couple bullets into you during the "dogfight" phase of the mission. Plague and I broke off and RTB'd while the rest of the IJA Air Forces were chasing you back to base. Because I had the last bullet in you, and was still flying when you landed, the "SandMan kills Chunk" message came up after the landing mishap.... AI plane exploded near you or something??

::edit:: Just saw the film Cephas made of that landing Chunk ... Now I understand what happened! LOL

@ Cephas: I've got that Seafire mission track, I'll post it up in a bit. (shows why I originally replied with the whole "change my keys" thing).

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

Sorry I missed the COOPs. :?

Another couple days of up at O'Dark Early days (0400) - including Friday + a long day Friday and I was into bed early. :P

Thanks for the movies. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/thumbsup.gif&key=740950605ea2b767b0522526afb1c81551f03118b6b4457f095c43ae8aab1fd4">

LOL... I had gotten a couple bullets into you during the "dogfight" phase of the mission. Plague and I broke off and RTB'd while the rest of the IJA Air Forces were chasing you back to base. Because I had the last bullet in you, and was still flying when you landed, the "SandMan kills Chunk" message came up after the landing mishap.... AI plane exploded near you or something??

It looks like I caught fire after I somersaulted during touchdown. Nevertheless, it was a fun mission; well, except for the fact that I was outnumbered by about a million to 1. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

Remind me to change my wing-fold key.... or my tailhook key. One of them has to change. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

Had fun, thanks for hosting Cephas!

Yeah - I put my wing fold on a button with the SHIFT function hoping that would make me less likely to press it unintentionally. Needless to say, took me about a week before I stopped folding wings when I wanted to chock the wheels.... but being on a button I wouldn't try to use in flight helps alot!

On a side note. I just finished watching the track ya put up Sandy. I was quite surprised to see how often you'd go to external views to get SA. I mean I know its just practice and all, just surprised me I guess.

Man those Ki43s blow up easily, Nice shooting everyone.. :D

~S!~

On my Friday COOP's the main purpose is to have fun, that's why I leave externals on. While I would prefer that no one use it during combat, I could care less when we are not engaged, that is why I leave it on. It is also very nice to be able to see what's happening if you die.

I made one more movie of my gear up SeaFire carrier landing from last Friday.

http://home.comcast.net/~pmcgwire/SeaFire.wmv