WWCephas

Flying tigers screenshot from Sunday

S! Sensei,

Thanx for the link. I'm at work, but plan to d/l that campaign!

Just about got my stuff back...

Edit: @Happy...gg!

23 missions into WTCF and enjoy it very much. Always enjoyed the AVG stories I read when I was a kid(still do). Watch your wingmen when landing. Bastiges have a bad habit of ramming you when you're on final. Have gotten into the habit of ordering them to return to base to give me time to land. Also just getting into BOB and Two little Ducs. One is a Hurri campaign, the other a P-51. Both have extremely long missions so heavy use of time compression is required. So far I much prefer the AVG campaign.

Yes the more i fly the p-40 the more I like it. Cant turn fight with it . But with altitude advantage Its a hell of a zoom and boomer . Hey you p-40 jocks do yall use flaps on take off?I seem to have better luck getting it of the ground with no flaps at all. It gets real touchy on roll out, it wants to drop a wing to the ground at slow speed and the rudder seems to want to over steer. I know Plague,Scout and Winger do very well in the plane. Any help wood be welcomed.

I like the P40, pulled my convergence in to 350m, and give me the E on a Zero, (well, I can hope!), and oh, shoulda brought some marshmallows. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

On takeoff, I push the trottle up slowly, put some forward stick input, careful there, and hit combat flaps to bring nose down and tail up. Then its the dance of the rudder to straighten out and stay on the strip 'til she lifts. After that, I'm gear up and flaps up quickly, to stop the drag, and get a little more airspeed, before I try any joystick inputs for climb or bank.

BTW, I like combat flaps for combat. Zero and I headed back upstairs, I hit CF's, get my sight above him, and offer him a light. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_flamed.gif&key=f25e47e372ab51108ffa6b6d3f65deb14586309f75140492b2ddb0b1c99b2d52">

Here's something you can try. Once lined up on the runway, use take off flaps, brakes to the floor, stick almost full forward, full throttle. :D Then as soon as the nose starts to fall let off the brake and let the off the stick more and more as the nose continues to fall. By the time it developes into a roll your plane is level and the rudder can get a bite. Boogey straight and smooth on down the runway till airborne, pull up gear and flaps and there ya go. Landing, keep the tail up till you're near where you want to turn and down around 50-70 mph. Let the tail fall and tap the brakes till reaching 20-30. give it a bit of throttle to keep you at 20 or so and park the beast. Seems to me the longer you can keep the tailwheel off the ground in these planes the better off you are. OH, a note of caution here. Staying on the brakes or stick a bit too long will nose you over. But only have done it 3 times or so in over 50 take offs.

Thanks 8Ball ill try that. Never had any trouble landing but take offs are killing my lost plane count. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_cry.gif&key=af9ce749339d5f0fdb3c25b91f656db35bace5cb48def1ec035d87a80c3c565e">

Is it just my setup or are the maps in WTCF wrong. I still show Russian maps, but the campaigns fly well.

did I forget to add a map file or something?

Since there are no CBI (China/Burma/India) theater maps currently in the game, the campaign creator had to use what was available: Russia.

Yeah, too bad they can't edit the on map text to place some city names that would match the briefings.