WWCephas

May27th COOP is on

It's memorial day weekend but I learned my lesson long ago about trying to leave town during a holiday so I will be hosting again this Friday. Hopefully my high ping the other night was an anomoly. I have at least 2 new missions ready to go (one I downloaded) and maybe if Sandman can generate another Scorched Earth (if the allies have finished thier plan) we can run another test of that if we have enough pilots.

I am hoping to start around 7PM PST again, but check back here tomorrow and I will do my best to post here if I am going to be late.

Four day weekend. No plans so far. Should be able to make it for a change. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

I'll be there. Wonder if the individual missions from the When tigers flew campaign can be flown as coops? Might be able to just run them as coops, in order. Well, guess I better go answer my question. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

I flew my first 5 missions last night in WTCF. Have not seen a Jap plane yet /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_cry.gif&key=af9ce749339d5f0fdb3c25b91f656db35bace5cb48def1ec035d87a80c3c565e">

The first two missions are just relocating missions (helps you to get used to the Tomahawk) but the third mission has you intercepting 30+ bombers and fighters...odd you wouldn't see any...

The timing seems pretty tight on a few of the missions. Have had to waste time or refly a few of the waypoints to meet what I'm suppsed to be fighting or covering. I'm almost always early. Figure as lead I'm taking off too quickly. Probably supposed to let the engine warm up and do flight checks and such.

Hmm think friday is doable for flying..
nothing special planned for the holiday W/E...
Except maybe flying /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

Probably not. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_e_sad.gif&key=38741f9e3530d7cdc640e0699ad44e6069f4d0e7d8af9de1ac5a402558336cb2">

Getting home this evening but checking in tomorrow morning for a 2 day trip.

Have a good one!

Tharn and I flew the 3rd mission as a coop. Would work, but think it has more value as a campaign, with the movies and awards, then just flying all the missions as group coops, and going through them so quickly, and ruining it for those who want to make this campaign "special" for the immersion. Or whatever I'm trying to say. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

Thanks to all for the great turnout!

We ran about 5 missions and ended at 10:30 PST. I am sorry I disappeared there on TS after the Yak9 mission, some friends of the family arrived suddenly to pick up their kids and I had to play host.

Unfortunately we had a couple Hyperlobby Bozos on the Marat mission. One decided he was going to try and dogfight the Migs in his HE-111 then to try and kamikazi the cruiser in port while the other player loaded torps and did a dive from 3000 meters pulling up at the last second to drop his torps at wave height on the Marat, sinking it. It's a shame their is not some sort of juvenile behaviour detector you can set. Well at least I will be sure to lock all mission loadouts I host on HL now. Also to watch out for Yukonn and flanker in the future. (BTW, thanks KitKat for chute killing Yukonn for me /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae"> )

Speaking of bad behaviour though, I apologize to Brian for the Finnish mission, I got target fixation on a wounded spiraling bomber and he stuck with me, ever the faithful wingman. He finally called me on my silly fixation, but by then a 1-16 had snuck up on his tail and took him out. I stalled shortly thereafter and augered in. Not my finest hour.......

I hope you all had fun and hopefully we can arrange a scorched earth mission or two sometime Saturday.

Excelent Cephas! I'll be there! Your missions are always cool!

About that Finnish mission --

....yeah, I was wondering what was up about the third revolution down. I was trying to think of a reason you were following the ship down, I thought you wanted to see if something was going to happen or something (like a mission bug or aircraft bug or something). But then when ya kept shooting at it, I was like...Ummm, Cephas? /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca"> :D

But as you saw...by then it was too late.

Man, and here I thought ya had this "Master Plan" in progress.....and ya even augered after? Ugh! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca"> ...lol :lol:

heh...oh well....we'll blast 'em next time~! 8)

I always have a blast during your co-ops!

Oh yeah, didn't someone say they were going to post their Marat Mission track? Reaper and I had some good Flight team tactics hapnin' on that one that I'd like to watch.

~S!~

Thanks Cephas. I enjoy your missions. My performance last night went back and forth from extremely bad luck to my just sucking...lol

On that first ship strike mission I had just started my second run when the first flak burst took out my elevator. I couldn't get my nose down to aim the rest of the rockets! Smacked her down too hard on landing...

Second one was a bad luck and my bad skill. Dove on a wounded Me110, pulled around, blacked out woke up about 30 feet behind him, went to fire, had a screen freeze and then boom--no wing.

I'm surprised I managed taking off without killing myself... ;-)

Fun missions. I put the Marat mission up on FTP in 27May folder.

Speaking of Fiats, here is Tharn after shooting down 3 bombers, and landing a badly damaged Fiat. (Fiat = fix it again, Tony)

I had fun last night. I was on the six of that HE-111 dogfighting and shot him down. I don't remember killing anyone in a chute though. I shot down 2 bombers then got on someone's six in a BF109 and stalled out resulting in me crashing /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_e_sad.gif&key=38741f9e3530d7cdc640e0699ad44e6069f4d0e7d8af9de1ac5a402558336cb2">

I had fun last night. I was on the six of that HE-111 dogfighting and shot him down. I don't remember killing anyone in a chute though. I shot down 2 bombers then got on someone's six in a BF109 and stalled out resulting in me crashing /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_e_sad.gif&key=38741f9e3530d7cdc640e0699ad44e6069f4d0e7d8af9de1ac5a402558336cb2">

Yeah, actually KK, after viewing Reaper's track - it looks like you killed that guy as his crew was bailing out! ROFLMAO! in other words he pressed CTRL E and as he was waiting for it to go off - his screen went black! -- OUTSTANDING! :D

...and that was ME flying that 109 you had in your sights! :shock: I was sweatin bullets! - no wait - those may have just been your tracers! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

Thank goodness Reaper was coming onto the scene in case you recovered from that stall. Nice Flyin'!

~S!~

I am currently awaiting trial in the Gulag!
Someone- perhaps posthumously turned me in for landing my yak when I still had quite a bit of ammo left- I didn't chase after the bombers in the last mission with the rest of the flight...
Now I'm going to pay for it... /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_e_sad.gif&key=38741f9e3530d7cdc640e0699ad44e6069f4d0e7d8af9de1ac5a402558336cb2">

Didn't know Stalin listened to dead people, but he does...huh Sandy?...lol

I am currently awaiting trial in the Gulag!
Someone- perhaps posthumously turned me in for landing my yak when I still had quite a bit of ammo left- I didn't chase after the bombers in the last mission with the rest of the flight...
Now I'm going to pay for it... /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_e_sad.gif&key=38741f9e3530d7cdc640e0699ad44e6069f4d0e7d8af9de1ac5a402558336cb2">

Didn't know Stalin listened to dead people, but he does...huh Sandy?...lol

[voice from the grave speaks]

Comrade Stalin didn't need to listen to a dead man (who gave every thing he had in defeating the Fascist invaders, by the way)... all he had to do was listen in to the radio as 8Ball and I chased down and took on those Fascist bombers. And to strengthen my case, I was wounded and in a damaged aircraft before the chase even started.

All that while you were enjoying wine with the ground crews... [insert guilt-trip here]

[exit voice from the grave]