June 3rd COOP

WWCephas

WOW June already!

I have 2 new Flying Tigers series (my own) coops ready to go and hopefully Bard will finish up the Allies Scorched Earth Tunis mission tasking before we fly so we can run that too. I'm looking forward to seeing you then, and thanks for the good flights last night Reaper with the NGEN campaign, we are finally starting to put some real hurt on the VVS.

Gonna try to start at 7:00 but it looks like I may be a bit delayed by family commitments, so it may be as late as 8:00 but I will do my best to get their on time.

ON A SIDE NOTE>>>>

Also I am sorry about flying while talking on the phone last night, I was trying to circle my FW way over the combat zone while my brother was talking to me but when flying you get so darn used to pressing the button when you talk that I was doing it without thinking and I had the volume muted so I did not realize it for a while..... So if you heard me say anything about your flying skills I didn't mean it (just kidding)

you get so darn used to pressing the button when you talk that I was doing it without thinking and I had the volume muted so I did not realize it for a while..

was kinda funny listening to you try and explain how cool the game is-
I've found myself doing that quite a bit, but when talking to non computer gamers- I'm sure I sound pretty geeky to them... Now I have some real time proof of how I sound.. LMAO.

Going to be interesting to see if we can get the lines moving even more in our favor in Plague's NGEN.

Well my brother is an ex AMD/E-Bay/Yahoo executive so he understands geek speak. He is currently searching for yet another tech company now as his last one went T/U. And they say aerospace is not a secure job market....

and thanks for the good flights last night Reaper with the NGEN campaign, we are finally starting to put some real hurt on the VVS

Reaper? Well, I've been called worse. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

With nearly 60 total, Kuban missions under our belts, I think it's time we get some newer Axis plane models. I'll try to catch "Fatty", err.. Goring, in a good mood, and see if we cant get some G6's and A5's or 6's sent to the Eastern Front, to stop the VVS with their Spits and P40's.

OOPS Sorry Plague, for some reason I am always mixing you and Reaper up. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/joecool.gif&key=2c17ad3823e7ebe3c738c5bcea47fbe9eba6ae31812a00c263e93f1d0bd563cf">.....well he's certainly not trying to buck up for a promotion.

Plague: Those early Spits and P-40's are fun -easy?- to fight with 109 G-2's and 190 A-4's. Having a good speed advantage against either aircraft type is very handy...

It's the doggone La-5's that are a real pain in the butt to go against. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_evil.gif&key=36bc05a3863f15788b23d585f469a280df42babbcc58b8301d709f526041b146">

WE HAVE SE!

Thanks to Bard for getting the Allies mission ready, we now have the first Tunis "Afrika Campaign" SE mission ready for test.

So everyone knows the drill here are the rules as they stand now for the campaign;

1. All missions will last 30 minutes exactly, no more no less. (this is normally one hour but it's a small map)
2. All ground unit mission taskings must be no more than one hour travel time and their waypoints must not cross any mountain terrain elevation line on the Mission Planner map (for commanders)
3. Absolute maximum of 25 planes total including AI for each mission, no limit for ground units.(subject to change based on online game quality)
4. Players must try their best to stay alive and treat this like a real war but with their lives at stake. No kamikazi's or ramming in this theater. If your plane is badly damaged using a chute over friendly territory is better than attempting a crash landing to see if you can do it.
5. Recon is strongly enforced in the game engine, commanders send recon flights!
6. Resupply is modified for this campaign. Their will be a supply mission between combat missions. All resupply planes must be sent to your teams island airbase first. Each side will get 6 planes for each base/city they occupy. They will also get 2 tank platoons per city/base. One tank platoon can be traded for 2 mechanized platoons or 3 AAA units. Commanders will let the Admin know what kind of planes/ground units they want by Tuesday following the previous week's combat phase. The admin will then run the resupply mission that day and parse it out and commanders can start their next mission plan.
7. Airfields have flak and barrage balloons, attack at your own risk. Knocking out field AAA should reduce them for coming missions, so commanders think about resupply.
8. A new SE stats program should be out soon so you can review your mission stats.
9. Please try to stay on the same side for the entire campaign test.
10. Invited guests who are committed to flying responsibly are welcome but we will NOT open this up to open join on HL, so if you want to bring someone you know in that is fine.
11. This is a TEST, rules are subject to change depending on how the test runs. Please play in the spirit of a war setting. Do not think up strategies to capitalize on SE shortcomings. Fly your commanded waypoints/missions.