WWCephas

Joystick question

Anyone ever use their throttle to bind their fire keys? I was thinking of switching to using the pro throttle forward buttons for guns instead of the joystick trigger, I find it throws my aim off a bit squeezing the trigger and I am looking for a little more precision.

i was considering it myself... but decided i'd probably screw up and press the wrong button.

i'm trying hard to fire in a controlled manner.

I have the "fire all guns" on the throttle, single buttons for MGs and cannon on the stick. I find pressing just one button on the stick not too bad but pressing two at the same time sometimes leads to unwanted stick movements. Where the button on the throttle is really great is when a target of opportunity rushes across the sights as these "panic shots" often resulted in sudden stick movements, as least for me.

Anyone ever use their throttle to bind their fire keys? I was thinking of switching to using the pro throttle forward buttons for guns instead of the joystick trigger, I find it throws my aim off a bit squeezing the trigger and I am looking for a little more precision.

Ahhh self evaluations after a training session. That means it was a good training session. I don't think moving the fire button would help me. The gunnery issues that I have are caused more by the nose jumping in the game when guns are fired than from fire spasms I might have. Both guns are on my trigger, slight depress mg's only, full depress all guns.

It must be all the magnum pistols I have shot over the years but I sometimes find myself flinching when I shoot, especially at a squirrely target. The two buttons makes it even worse when I went from 1 button fire all to two buttons cannon/MG.

if you know your gun is going to jump you can take that into account somewhat.

if you learn how much it jumps you can learn to compensate by starting firing where the recoil will climb the shots into the enemy.

the only time i really find it an issue is when a target puts on negative G in the 109 - the negative elevator authority while using combat flaps is almost nothing - coupled with the recoil pushing the nose up it makes it difficult to hit a target with sustained fire.

if you can't do a sustained burst do short bursts, if tracking a target through positive g then the recoil can actually assist - get a steady bead on your aiming point and fire a one second burst - whilst maintaining the same back stick pressure - let the recoil help march the rounds to where it can hurt most.

Well I started doing this 2 weeks ago and I really, really like it. I occasionally forget, and have to remember not to squeeze the trigger but it's happening less and less. I really think this is helping my accuracy.

It's sort of like the old firing range bit... breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, hold... fire. Don't jerk the trigger, bring it back to you slowly and evenly.

I find myself doing that when I'm getting the good sneak-up-on'em gunsight picture. Like that shot I took on... Kat? ... last night. Had to tail him for 20km across the map before I finally got in range. I knew I had one chance to bag him so had to make it count. And I still missed my first burst. LOL! Took his wing off on the second though. :D

For the rush shots, it's just squeeze and pray. ;)