Sign in to follow this  
WWBrian

OK, now my second attempt at a movie

I was doing some extensive Emil practice early today in preperation for Cephas' Tunis mission later in the day. Watching and listening to Sandman wrestle with that A-20 last week, I thought It would be prudent to get in some Bf-109E-4 practice against A-20s...

I tried high and low slashing attacks from the front as well as the rear and , well, many short bursts to my now dead-engine with as many attempts later, I think I may have found the sweet-spot...

Like my first movie -- it is the higher-deflection type shots that are doing the trick, for me at least!

I wish I could explain why my luck is so much better when deflection is closer to 90 than when it is closer to 0 or 180. Go figure eh'?

Anyway, so I thought I'd make a movie of it. I'm hoping by watching it over and over - it might save me from having to DO it over and over to get the sight picture engraved into my thick skull to where it comes more consistantly...

It's 9 MB in length and worth a peek.

LINK REMOVED 6-25

(again, it will be removed in seven days)

p.s. Sensei, can you do a quick check for me on the squadron's web site bandwidth? I see my old movie post got 50 some odd views, so I would guess the 1st movie was downloaded around 20-30 times (the other 20-30 views were prolly' for the replies). Please let me know if we get critically close ( or even just more then you care for) to the WW's available bandwidth from multiple downloads of any movie and I will try and find some other way to host them. Especially if they get any bigger in size. Thank you! ~S!~

Edited by Guest

We're good on bandwidth. We get 70 Gig a month and rarely use more than 2 or 3. With the patches released, uploaded and downloaded and such we've still only used 9 gig so far. I think we're good. :D

Brian, nice shooting and nice production value. I even left the music on, (cant hear the words well, ears ring 24/7 for last 20 years), but liked the "pounding her hard" beat of the music choice. Keep 'em coming. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

Thanks Plague, actually "Mob Rules" was what I first thought of when I heard about Bard's storyboard for his movie....

* envisions a mob of angry 110s wreaking havok on a city below! *

...but here's the words for ya for the part ya hear

...Oh...come on

Close the city and tell the people
That something's coming to call
Death and darkness are rushing forward
To take a bite from the wall!

Oh! You've nothing to say
They'll drag you away!
If you listen to fools,
The mob rules, the mob rules

Kill the spirit and you'll be blinded
The end is always the same
Play with fire, you'll burn your fingers
And lose your hold of the flame, oh!

It's over, it's done
The end is begun
If you listen to fools,
The mob rules

....and I'm almost afraid to ask what ya mean by "pounding her hard" beat ? Do you simply mean Rock and Roll?

~S!~

S! Brian,
Just outstanding! I've really enjoyed your comments. (Some of us nubs are paying attention! :P )

I was really surprised by the sight picture when you fired the deflection shot. It explains why I'm such a poor shot.

[Also...the music rocks! It really does fit!]

Thanks Nat' - I'm havin' alot of fun makin' these things....

Unfortunatly (or maybe fortunatly) now when I listen to my music, I can't help but envision some sort of IL2 sequence that would fit what I'm hearing...LOL :lol:

Just wish FRAPS wasn't so low-res. Guess it throws a sort of "old movie" feel to the track though...

I can't wait until we get a substantial group of WWs all flying on the same team! You can bet I'll capture that and put it to music!

I'm glad you are all enjoying them.

~S!~

There's a new version of Fraps out Bri... You can do full-screen movie captures at selectable frame-rates. Haven't tried it out myself (been busy working through 178 different configurations of this dang RSS thing)...

Brian, I use Camtasia for screen capping. Has a few more bells and whistles than Fraps. Cost a few bucks but you can download a 30 day free trial that is fully functional...