WWCephas

Any interest in a WW hosted event battle like Tangmere?

While we work on getting SE working properly (and it looks like it is a little while from being ready for showtime) is anyone interested in holding a single event squad battle?

I think it's a great idea. :D

Will probably need to be Western Front, unless you'd like *us* to fly Japanese in an Island battle?? :-k

I'm in for that as long as I get enough lead time. I'll be on vacation the week of July 17th.

Edited by Guest

Well I had an inkling to do an Okinawa map based fight against Ie Shima island naval base by carrier borne Allies but that would probably not go down well with everyone. I probably should start a poll if we want to do this and see what scenarios are most popular. I could make a mission for any scenario we all agreed was most popular.

I have yet to get involved in an event where we shoot at others instead of each other. So this sounds excellent to me!

A one day event?

Mixed packages?

I'm coming up on my 10 year wedding anniversary last week in July though and wont be around for that week, otherwise, Sounds Awesome!

Definitely interested!

Any theatre - either side - just need a little time to practice the aircraft and renew my carrier ops proficiency rating if required (especially with 4.01m)

I'd also be interested. Any side, any planes. Hell flying with you guys is always fun no matter what we're in.

But I'm also going to be on leave the first couple weeks of July. Road trip to Key West and maybe a couple days in the Smokies on the way back.

Sounds good to me. I'll be on vacation the last weekend in July/first week of August.

8 I'm jealous, missed my winter trip to KW this year. Have a brew in Capt. Tony's for me. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/toast.gif&key=f562d31034c7cf7ca2012f6cbe0726d9d6a712935f921e6eef253e7b87fa9916"> And a meal at Pepe's under the chinese lanterns. The steak smothered in pork chops is always a filling choice. :D

Dam Kat you want me to have another by pass !!! Steak and Pork chops. Geez it might be worth it /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4"> We have a place here in San Angelo That makes that same dish smothered in mushrooms. I think ill take Donna out to eat tonight. :lol:

Reaper, the dish is a large sirloin with a pile of mashed patatos on it and then two thick, center cut, pork chops leaning in from either side. It's a ton of food! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

I have actually seen someone eat the whole darn thing and finish with a glistening clean plate. That someone would be our own WWPepe! :shock:

I never thought he could eat like that.

Oh man, got some memories from Key West when my Marine squadron came to town for two weeks.....don't think I can tell those stories anymore though.

Neat little town if you stay in the northern part of it.

WELL NOW THAT THIS THREAD HAS BEEN PROPERLY HIJACKED

Since there seems to be strong support for a one day battle, I will post a thread later showing some possible scenarios with polling options.

Two that come to mind now are the aforementioned Ie Shima assault, or Stalingrad. I would try to make both near historical as possible.

No railway guns are in the game yet unfortunately Sandman. Nor can you make a V2 launch (and there explosion is weak when strafed).

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_e_sad.gif&key=38741f9e3530d7cdc640e0699ad44e6069f4d0e7d8af9de1ac5a402558336cb2"> Dammit... I thought I saw something about railway guns being added in??

I'm not real concerned about the rockets. But I am a bit surprised they don't give off one hella big explosion. We've all seen some of the footage of V2 tests gone awry at Peenemunde: big, BIG, booom!

I had to eat some crow there, but I did go back and edit my post and then experimented in the FMB and turned it into an operational railgun.

railgun800.jpg

Sevastapol is now doable for a squad war. I'll see if I can add it to the poll.