WWBrian

New Demo by SIERRA - F.E.A.R.

Sierra's new game called F.E.A.R. -- link to official site with downloadable demo...

I know, it's not Half-Life II, but it looks kinda like a mix between Half-Life 2 and Fatal Frame. ( A great and scary combo in my opinion )

Worth a look if you enjoyed HL/HL2 and like the occasional FPS...

:shock: 662mb download... for the demo! Guess I'lll try it later when I have time to download it. Awesome site though.

Slightly off-topic...I had the opportunity to beta test a mod to HL2 that uses trackIR and the vector clip. While not quite up to the same level of "WOW" it had on flight sims if FPS makers start incorporating it into games trackIR will become as key to gaming in general as the mouse.

I wonder if that would help the FPS motion sickness I get by flipping the mouse all over the screen. If the movement was tied into the more natural head movement it seems that it might mitigate that problem.

I wasn't impressed by F.E.A.R - the game CHUGGED on my p4 3.2 with x800 - even on lower graphic settings.

Not only that, it was too cliche'd for me - and required too little thinking.

... it was too cliche'd for me - and required too little thinking.

Right up my alley then. :p

Hiya peeps,

Sorry not been around for a while busy with our tourny. Any how tryed this demo and plays near perfect for me in1152 res on a 9600XT with P4 2.4. Here are my thoughts about it. I allways play my games on the hardest settings to get the most out of the game. I basicly loved this demo but only really for story and just playing it the 1st time. i guess i would play it a few times after but that would not last to long. To me this is an improvment over HL2. Thing is MP will be yet another lame TvT all over again prolly with loads of spawns. There NO freedom as you have in games like OFP(VBS1) GR Farcry. Why would i buy it well concidering it's like having HL2 with fear hehe. Ok it will not prolly make ya jump as much as games like Doom 3 but i found doom 3 to have loads of lame spawns and same ol same old thing over and over again. 2 things that bother me about this game is that there's no reall info on it like does it have COOP does it even have MP and finaly bosses at end. I loved playing the demo on the hardest setting but have a feeling that chances of killing the bosses at the end of each lvl ( Lame and old ) will probaly be to hard. Will i buy probaly cos me and my wife will enjoy playing it for action and story. BUT there's another question how good is the story lol there's no reall info on the game HA. So i'll prolly wait till everyone has bitched it to hell and find out whot i like and prolly liking stuff they dun like.... Nuff said SORRY.

http://specialdetachment.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7320#7320

Does any one know what is wrong here?

Does any one know what is wrong here?

This person's IP address: 212.199.26.131 (probably spoofed or proxied anyway)

Thanks for pointing me to this thread Wringer. I'm investigating what this person may have done to our site.