Not only could I not stay in the lines I seldom stayed on the paper.

You would have needed a bigger piece of paper then. Not staying in the lines can be called your personal art style....

Well, probably didn't help that I was folding the paper into an airplane and throwing it at the cute blonde sitting in the second row...

I have had PSP for years and up-graded it every time that they made a major improvement. I haven't done anything with the latest edition - in other words I haven't sprung for it yet...
Why the less than enthusiastic report on it Sandy?

It's... different. It's not a Jasc product any more, it's a Corel product. Not that there's anything wrong with that ( ® Jerry Seinfeld ). I'm just not used to it.

Actually once I learn it, PSP X (PSP 10) ought to be pretty good. I couldn't really turn it down... I got it in a previously opened box (actually it looked like it was smashed in transit) with a slashed price of $25. I could care less about the box, the CD case was shrink wrapped and intact, no cracks or blemishes. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/thumbsup.gif&key=740950605ea2b767b0522526afb1c81551f03118b6b4457f095c43ae8aab1fd4">

Wow, I have version 5.01. I wish I knew how to run it. I use it for viewing and file conversion mostly.

I guess the reason I never got really into it is that I create in 3d. More of an engineer and a sculptor than a painter, I suppose. I flunked out of the Nova Scotia College of Art because I hadn't realized that yet.

I actually went to college for a month to learn the basics of AutoCad, made the Dean's List (blows on fingernails and polishes them on sleeve) Then I spent a year getting used to working in 3d. First it was wire frames draped with 3d faces, what a pain that was! Working with solids came after I purchased AutoCad14. It is a bit cumbersome, the solid editing is pretty primitive. I have no intention of upgrading, though. If I were to go for another program to build my models, it would probably be a nurbs-based program (whatever that means) like Rhino.

Not looking forward to another learning curve, though; not much I can't build in Acad. It's slow, but so is the design process.

Pierre