Sign in to follow this  
WWBrian

ATTN: Sandman

Was thinking of doing a multi-pic sig, but never looked to far into it. Now that I see you know how...can you share the technique? Is it a .gif? What do you use to put it together?

- TIA S!

I use a program called Animation Shop, which came with Paint Shop Pro 9. With that, I can set whatever graphics I want to be saved as any of several different animation formats. For my purposes, I use it to make animated .gif images.

Animation shop allows you to use some of the features of PSP while working on your animation. Layers predominantly, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm still at the baby level of using A.S., and have no inkling how far it can -or can't- be taken.

The original graphics I use are usually Windows .bmp (like in Wringer's sig). For some reason (don't ask me why) the .bmp format seems to "translate" to .gif better than stock .psp formats. I've gotten into the habit of saving all my work as .bmp before doing the final conversion step to .jpg or .gif.

Inside Animation Shop, I set up the basic animation frames. Using Wringers as example, I had three pics I wanted to show, plus some transition effects between each. I started with a blank three-frame animation and went from there. Unfortunately A.S. crashed on me every time I tried to add a transition effect (which is probably okay, as each effect added a minimum of five frames to the animation), so I ended up with the simple three-frame animation. I adjusted the timing a bit so it wouldn't be a strobe of changing pics, and that's it... "save as..." and finished.

Animation Shop looks sort of like Windows Movie Maker in a way, as all the frames are shown on a timeline, and you can edit each frame or place stuff in between them, etc.

heh... this all sounds rather disjointed and confused for a reason. I really have no effing clue how to do stuff in A.S. ;)

Thanks Sandy, that's about as far as I got last time I think....

Oh well.....thanks for the tips. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/thumbsup.gif&key=740950605ea2b767b0522526afb1c81551f03118b6b4457f095c43ae8aab1fd4">

If you'd like to send me the pics, and any directions for how you'd like them displayed, can plug them in and see how it comes out. Ought to give you a starting point if you'd like to edit the animated .gif. I know other programs open those for editing as well, maybe Irfanview?