WWRenevant

Sturmolog question for all II/WW

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_redface.gif&key=b30c314ea10c72f3d32953a265be0c32a1435b472bb99313e5e3656e23efc144">

I mean't to DL it, really XO, just that, uh..uh....

Well you know, Dub wanted me to help paint hash marks, (what ever they are). Then Sandman had me getting some stuff for him, Then eeerrr, uuuhh..

Well you understand right XO? /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

Just a reminder that if using SturmoLog you will need to set it's output file to something different than the log file that VEF needs... I use "coop.txt" for VEF (now, after an embarrassing faux pas on this) and "event.log" for SturmoLog... Gotta run for now, but I'll paste in the entries in my .ini file later...

Interested to see how others have handled this...

Ahh, errr, SturmoLog ...... hmmm

I thought that was a facist plot and if the NKD found out I'd be hauled away to fuel the Bi-1 let alone fly it.

In other words - no - just never got around to it.

Wringer

:shock: S!,nope to both /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_redface.gif&key=b30c314ea10c72f3d32953a265be0c32a1435b472bb99313e5e3656e23efc144"> S!WWbf

Here are the two areas in my conf.ini where I have the logs generated:

:arrow: (areas needing attention in red)

[chat]
region=(dx=0.82714844,dy=0.125,x=-9.765625E-4,y=-0.0013020834)
adr0=ALL
adr1=MY_ARMY
msg0=~~Salute!~~
msg1=
msg2=
msg3=
msg4=
msg5=
msg6=CHECKu00206!
msg8=Checku0020Navigation
msg7=
msg9=Returningu0020tou0020base
autoLogDetail=3
adr9=0

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.6689453
mapPadY=-0.046875
viewSet=3
Intro=0
NoSubtitles=0
NoChatter=1
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=3
eventlog=C:Program FilesUbi SoftIL2 SturmovikLogscoop.txt

:arrow:
[HotKey Console]
Shift Tab=Activate
[Console]
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOG=1
LOGTIME=0 <--- does changing this do something I want it to??
LOGFILE=C:Program FilesUbi SoftIL2 SturmovikLogsevent.log

This gives me two log files: one in VEF format, and one in SturmoLog format... but that one occasionally misses information. Obviously I've got something set wrong, or like Hartmann said it doesn't save stats for those who have left the game.

I had SturmoLog set for time-stamping, logging and checking every two minutes for updates... that caused my coop.txt to get extremely large (and no longer in VEF format) but it was visible in SL. The way things are set above, and in SL (basically default, no time stamping but with logging "on" and pointing to that event.log file), I can view all the Stats for those who stay in a game until the end...

I now have Sturmolog running.

SandMan - re your config file: Hunhh?????

Could you give me a suggestion for log files for SturmoLog and VEF again?

Thanks - btw SturmoLog is pretty cool.

Wringer

I now have Sturmolog running.

SandMan - re your config file: Hunhh?????

Could you give me a suggestion for log files for SturmoLog and VEF again?

Thanks - btw SturmoLog is pretty cool.

Wringer

The areas in red are what I have in my conf.ini for Il-2 to write data to the individual log files. If entries like those don't exist on your machine (other than the path statements to the log files, I'm keeping the logs in a different folder than default), such as the "autologdetail" thing... you may want to add them.

I use the two different log files because VEF's log format (coop.txt) can't be read by SturmoLog... So the "event.log" file is ...managed?... by SturmoLog.

In the SturmoLog "options"/"settings" menu, there's a spot where you can enter a path to the log file SturmoLog creates... I've got that curently set to the same as the "event.log" file path in my conf.ini file, as shown above. Seems like it should conflict, but it works... I can fire up SturmoLog and view details about any number of recent co-op missions, and at the same time I've got a "coop.txt" file generated by IL-2 that would allow me to upload a mission report through the Automatic Reporting function of VEF. Same info, two different formats.

BTW: Congrats on the 18+% bomb-hit rate through tonight's training session. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

OK, thanks for the information!

18%? Sheesh, less than 1 in 5. Still working on my aim point, release point and vertical angle of attack.

I didn't check the results with Sturmolog. Have you noticed that Sturmolog only picks up the last mission when we run a series like that without a disconnect (End - stay in for reload - Fly)? Or am I mistaken in that?

Wringer

Sturmolog, or actually the game logging system, has a bug in bomb and rocket attacks. It only logs an exact, direct bomb hit--not if you hit next to the vehicle and killed it.

I've dropped 6 - 50kg on a convoy and got 7 vehicle kills (no guns) yet according to Sturmolog I had a 0% hit factor.

It also doesn't log torpedo hits.

Sturmolog, or actually the game logging system, has a bug in bomb and rocket attacks. It only logs an exact, direct bomb hit--not if you hit next to the vehicle and killed it.

I've dropped 6 - 50kg on a convoy and got 7 vehicle kills (no guns) yet according to Sturmolog I had a 0% hit factor.

It also doesn't log torpedo hits.

Nor does it record/score dropped bridges...

Wringer: Yep, I've noticed that about SL only recording the last played mission in multiple mission re-loads on the same server (like we did with Bard last night). It's a bug, but not a big one...

Sensei: So *that's* why... IL-2 only records direct hits, and not targets destroyed because of blast-effect on the target. Harumph...

Dub: The dropped bridges thing is currently in heated debate on the VEF Forum... with flyable Stukas due to make an appearance soon, folks are suddenly very interested in this. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">