opposite the russians--will be likely to fly, and only in battle
cammo--summer and winter. The file is approaching 17MB, and contains
separate zips for each aircraft model. The Stuka still needs work
for the later versions, but this skin will suffice for all varients
for the time being.

I'll apologise now for the work you will have to perform later: In
order to keep the file size down, I have not bundled all ships
together in a "use folder names" format. You will have to manually
extract the files for each model into each model's varients folders.
(Perhaps Bard would be so kind as to build out a new extraction
routine batch file? /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae"> )

I'll begin work on the Soviet planes as time permits.

SandMan, Sensei: I've taken the liberty of removing all the older
skins off the server in order to accomodate the new paint schemes. I
have them here on my machine (soon to be placed on a CD) should
anybody still want/need them.

Hope all you pilots approve!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the rest of the flyable skins completed this afternoon :D/ .

Before I attempt to post them, SandMan, I need to know if we have room. This set is 35Mb+ in size :-s . With both sets, we'll be like 50Mb+ just in skins!

Please advise.

Same-same here... I've got space for the file also.

I've got the "nonsoviet" set up also...

http://www.smsp.org/wwtest/paints/wwnonsoviet.zip

I'll eventually put the new one alongside the nonsoviet anyway... but for now Dee can handle it since he spoke up first. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

(Thank you, Dee)

I'll set up the FTP tomorrow when I get home...

It shouldn't...the space has just been sitting there waiting for me to use it again...LOL

Waiting for instructions... /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

That's it, man, I'm firing Herman, the slacker is forever huffing from the paint buckets...

Oh... do I need to set one up for ya Dub?? Seems my domain is operational now. (crosses fingers)

One complaint Dub: The Fw-190 skins don't work on the D9's.

Check it out, you'll see what I mean...

(damn, lost my screen shot.. will edit in a minute or five with a picture link)

(later) try this: http://www.smsp.org/sandman/images/bad_d9.jpg

In about 5 to 10 minutes you'll get to DL the new soviet skins. Let me know if Herman's screwed up on any of these too...

http://www.smsp.org/dubya/ww-soviet.zip

LOL... 35mb!!??

This will damn sure be a stress-test for my domain and SimOps Hosting. ;)

Glad it worked for ya Dub... =D> :D/

~~~
edit
~~~

Error log:

The Yak skins are in a folder named "mg3".

I'm going to test fly a bunch of these shortly, I'll report any flaws.

Whoa, whoa, do you mean theres a way to have a "mech" look, ie: no skin? (I would like to see inside)

LOL... no, that's just what happens when you try to skin an aircraft model with too small of a paint job... the D9 is a fair amount longer in both length and span, so the game tried to use what it had to fill the space. Thus, the engine on the side of the cowling, etc.

Evidently there are some anomolies to painting the D9 <??> Dubya can shed more light on that if you're interested.

Shit, I must be on crack! #-o Yes.. I fouled again. The Yaks are in the mig file (not mig3 or mig3u).

When reading the FB paint forum early yesterday, there was a mention of the possibility that the Yak3 may be off as well. Let me know and I'll ad that the the list... so far, it's the 2 new 87s, the D9 and possibly the Yak3.

BTW... I told you it was big, and it only has the basics!

In about 5 to 10 minutes you'll get to DL the new soviet skins. Let me know if Herman's screwed up on any of these too...

http://www.smsp.org/dubya/ww-soviet.zip

LOL... 35mb!!??

This will damn sure be a stress-test for my domain and SimOps Hosting. ;)

Glad it worked for ya Dub... =D> :D/

~~~
edit
~~~

Error log:

The Yak skins are in a folder named "mg3".

I'm going to test fly a bunch of these shortly, I'll report any flaws.

Apparently (on top of my mistake of not checking the "void" skin first) with the D9, the developers messed up with the texture mapping of the bmp file to the 3D model; some parts overlap others, while other parts are stretched too far, creating an unnatural warp to the image. Kind of like drawing on a ballon before blowing it up. Rumor has it that this will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Whoa, whoa, do you mean theres a way to have a "mech" look, ie: no skin? (I would like to see inside)

LOL... no, that's just what happens when you try to skin an aircraft model with too small of a paint job... the D9 is a fair amount longer in both length and span, so the game tried to use what it had to fill the space. Thus, the engine on the side of the cowling, etc.

Evidently there are some anomolies to painting the D9 <??> Dubya can shed more light on that if you're interested.

Just cuz I'm a bastard and like overloading people what are the chances of getting an FB updated skin for Todesfee?

Bastards come first... right after sons-o-bitches. So I'd say there is a pretty good chance, since there are fewer SOBs than Bastards. Edited by Guest

I found this little tidbit at one of the fansite skinners pages (mudmovers.com?)

Why can't I get any of my La-73x(B20) skins to show up in-game?

It's minor flaw in the name of the folder itself. And will likely be fixed in the first patch. Simply remove the brackets so that it reads La-73xB20 to clear this problem up.

hmm... a complete installer of WW FB skins?? Are we talking roughly 50mb for both OKL and VVS skins in one package??

*ouch*

(dial-up users are getting the short-end of the deal.... )

Why does the term "bloatware" keep coming to my mind? /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

Despite my misgivings on the size of this installer package, your work on completing it will be greatly appreciated Bard.

Dub, don't worry too much about one or two inconsistancies in the main zip-files. After all the work it obviously took to make these skins, I'm more than willing to over-look a typo or two, as well as anything that is beyond your control to fix (D9 skins, Yak's, etc.).