4.03 screenshots

WWCephas

I tried water=3 myself the other day. To do this I had to set the IL2 Vid setting to perfect. I normaly keep it on high. Here's what I found.

My frame rates on Palm Base went from 55fps down to 28 FPS in perfect mode. While in flight on a heading of 000 my FPS was in the high 20's to low 30's area. While acceptable when flying alone, I don't know what would happen with other AC around. Any further drop in frame rate could cause a slide show.

What was interesting was this. Some objects, Particularyly land, came into view at a greater distance. I had the tip of the thumb on my port wing tip and I could all ready see the top of the mountain on Goodenough rising out of the mist ahead of me. I repeated the flight in both Excellent and High mode. While the FPS was substantially higher, I needed to get closer to Goodenough before it appeared.

All this may be particular to my hardware and drivers, I don't know. I'm hoping to get some time to mess with it tonight when there are others on the server. That's if my cable doesn't die during the predicted blizzard. :?
I'm also curious about what effect this all might have on spotting objects.

Here's a few shots I've taken recently... (using links instead of inline images to save thread loading time)

The first is 8Ball strafing that cannon-armed sampan on the VMF-214 map. Yes, the smoke pyre in the background is all that remains of my aircraft, which is why I was able to get this shot: Image Link

The next is from a coop Sensei, 8Ball (??) and I flew about a week ago. Sensei's P-39 was damaged, with one main gear blown away. He attempted a two-wheel landing, breaking off the other main gear in the process. But... the nose gear held, and he stopped safely without bending the prop. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae"> Image Link

This one is a test ... Spot the bogie's dot! (un-resized or cropped in-game screen capture; I use 1152x864 resolution) Image Link

The answer .... Image Link

Using TIR from teh back seat of Sensei's SBD Dauntless in a recent coop, I was able to look "over his shoulder" as he flew... Image Link

I don't suppose I am making Graf, Dub, Fate, and any of our artistic crew nervous, am I? /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

I put the crop in PSP, blew it up full screen, hypersnapped the full screen, and ........wait now.......... hang on......

snap0099.thumb.jpg.7961710fa9aef367e45f356be3e06d93.jpg