WW_Battles Scenarios - battle of the bulge is up and running

This new daemon allows me to do many more of the things I wished to do originally with the whole wwbattles concept.

Currently it is running the battle of the bulge, as originally envisaged - plane limits, and a big focus on 'tactical air power'.

There are two ways of completing each mission - air superiority through destruction of player and static aircraft - which will give you a big step towards winning, and attrition of enemy ground force concentrations such as armoured and supply convoys - easier yet it doesn't sway the war in your favour as much as air superiority does.

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like an exciting format variable.

I am fairly new to IL-2. I would like to fly this but I do not see an address, and do not know what the hyperlobby is. Is this an appropriate place to ask?

Chip
aka RAF56_Ball

HyperLobby is a free program that enables you to find and connect to flight sims online. the download is available here:

http://hyperfighter.sk/

You will want to connect to the IL2 Forgotten Battles lobby.

From there you can see the servers and players who are online.

The program itself is pretty user UN-friendly in the way only Eastern Europeans seem to know how to do. Get with one of us on TeamSpeak and we will walk you through some of the features.

Our two WW servers are listed there, currently WWBulge and WW/Stalingrad. The Stalingrad server will probably be renamed after tomorrow.

Ok now this is getting weird, I know Sandman looks nothing like me so he is not my long lost twin, but still...... this is like the 20th time he has posted the same as me or beat me to it giving a long answer saying exactly what I would say. Suppose it was that rigorous WW Boot Camp that melded us into true blue WW's, like soldiers out of a die cast mold. Marine Boot Camp has nothing on this!

I was kicked off the server today for picking a Tempest.

I usually fly P-38 in a ground attack role, but Red was outnumbered with several 262's airborn. There were no Tempest's up so I figured I would do some CAP over the targets.

Seems like kind of a harsh feature in a DF room. I don't know why several 262's can be chosen but not a single Tempest.

I rarely post comments about other people's servers, but this was more confusing than anything else. I didn't realize I would get kicked for simply choosing a plane. Oh well...live and learn, I guess.

No hard feelings.

Aviar

It is likely that all the Tempest available had already been shot down. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_e_sad.gif&key=38741f9e3530d7cdc640e0699ad44e6069f4d0e7d8af9de1ac5a402558336cb2">

In fact I think the last Me-262's were in the air and if they were shot down there would have been no more.

I was kicked off the server today for picking a Tempest.

I usually fly P-38 in a ground attack role, but Red was outnumbered with several 262's airborn. There were no Tempest's up so I figured I would do some CAP over the targets.

Seems like kind of a harsh feature in a DF room. I don't know why several 262's can be chosen but not a single Tempest.

I rarely post comments about other people's servers, but this was more confusing than anything else. I didn't realize I would get kicked for simply choosing a plane. Oh well...live and learn, I guess.

No hard feelings.

Aviar

No hard feelings - you just haven't been part of our events and have no idea about the structure.

It isn't a 'dogfight server' - it's a scenario server.

Aircraft types are limited on the server Aviar, and when you attempted to fly a Tempest (all of which had been used up) the server kicked you. I don't agree with the kick part, but we're not aware of a means of sending a warning prior to a kick.

The thing to do is check aircraft availbility using the "

Thanks SandMan. I'm sure it's in the brief but I didn't see it. My bad.

I don't know what software the server is running, but is that the only option for preventing a player from taking a particular plane? Kicking a player from the server just seems so harsh.

Aviar

The software running the server is called "IL-2 Server Commander" from Gennadich Team (Russia). English language forum area is here.

I'm not finding any information on kick settings ... a lot of questions about "ghost" players being stuck in the SC database, with the following work-around:

set ForceUserCheck=1 in section [Main] of file il2sc.ini

But that's a different issue.

And now I don't even have a valid link to the software download site ... /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

aviar, the limits are up on the website for the event - and the server will tell you if you are using a plane you cannot - the missions are for the event, and the server really is a practice server for those that will be participating in the event.

I've reduced the ban time to a few minutes, and now you have about 5 minutes of 'you cannot fly that plane' before you get booted.

Important Information

Please confirm you have read and understand the rules above

Please Sign In or Sign Up