Bard? have you played 'oblivion yet?

oh yes /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

picked it up for my 360 yesterday.

Well there goes two good pilots.....

lol.

I picked up Civ IV a couple of weeks ago, more for nostalgia than anything else. Civ was my first "passionate" pc game. I haven't pulled any all night marathons like I did 10 years ago, but it's true to the spirit of the original and I am enjoying it.

lol- I've played rpgs so many times over the years I have finally got it in my head that when i turn the game off- everything will be just as I left it when I turn it back on., gone are the days of playing one title exclusively.
an hour here .and hour there.... Hard to believe I can do this with 'oblivion because It is such an amazing product.

case in point- home on vacation- its 12 30- been up since 8 am and I havent played- gettin the shakes but ill manage.. :P

yep - played it as i had my coffee this morning.

i am thinking of going the rogue route - half thief half martial artist type thing. Problem is that I can't help but put on armour and pick up weaposn as i find them.

encountered a goblin witch who accidently blasted another goblin that got in the way of his lighting bolt before I smacked him with my katana.

haven't played very much yet- but i did make a couple of very cool discoveries.
1. I was outside and had a bow and arrow ready- hunting deer..wolves.. i decided to practice alchemy so i used the mortar/pestal and combined 2 ingredients that came up with a 'burden' potion. i figured id drink it to see what it would do to me and I got a text box asking me if i wanted to use it on my arrow, cool... you can use poisons and hazardous potions on your weapons. so the next wolf i shot was slowed down a bit..

2. inside a tomb/dungeon i got spooked by a skeleton and ran into a trap that lifted the floor section i was on and crushed me into the ceiling- took half my hit points off... i got off the floor section fought the skel with a mace and pushed em back onto the trap with some hits- he went up into the ceiling and was crushed.

so far I'm liking it alot.. some of the complaints i've heard are for those who aren't into exploring rpg's they want a grand theft auto experience.

I've noticed they pilfered couple ideas from the gothic series.. good move.

cool /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

restarting my character.

I need this game :?

EDIT deleted

I don't think i can wait that long though, i'll have to stop by Wal-Mart on my way to my new Duty Station!!! Woot woot.

P.S. If anyone hadn't noticed yet, got my orders today, just finished most of my checking out sheet, i'm going to Whiting Field today (about time), after 5 months and 4 days of boredom. I should be starting my schooling on the 27th.

I'm totally fuggin stoked too, i've heard some awesome things about the living quality of Whiting Field NAS. 2 bedroom (4-man) barracks rooms with living room, head, and kitchen; free internet/cable, etc.

Officer's barracks aren't so bad! 8)

Soon, i'll have my pilot's license, my flight wings on my cammies, extra pay, and a kickass job. Life is good once again, lol

So yeah, g2g pack up my laptop, im having my X52 and my printer sent to me by my roommate here on Pensacola NAS, so provided the internet's relatively quicklike there, i can patch up and be in the air online too!

boonie-talk ;)

restarted my character yesterday - now have a female woodelf 'agent' - a stealthy archer as well as a social butterfly :D

i love archery, Nothing like seeing a goblin backflip from a long distance headshot.

• 4 weeks later...

I have really been taking my time and not playing it like Iv'e played games of this nature in the past. firing it up every few days for a couple hours..
Surprising I can do this because it is so good. Can honestly say it's the ultimate fantasy rpg at this time. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_clap.gif&key=b3c3b69dc821e094f8e6a428b61d77ca8c19db84efe7e1e7ef7215326ff9b4bd">

I've got a high-elf mage main character with a few MODs on, so i can conjure myself two creatures at a time and summon my fire-horse instead of having to buy a new one every time i ride somewhere (they're so fragile!)

My alt is a pitch black Argonian with a hint of red around the nose. He's my stealth character, having a blast pickpocketing and thievering and actually having to think about my battle rather than go into autopilot and summon, nuke, nuke, lather, rinse, and repeat all the time.

Enjoying the story, though i'm slightly worried about Cyrodiil if they're army consists of 15 soldiers and the Emperor's guards consist of 9 Blades... I hear there's another mod out called Oblivion Adrenaline. Supposedly makes everything a little more realistic. No longer do wolves hunt alone, they have packs, and now you need to be on the lookout for those angry herds of deer...

Adrenaline%20Oblivion-2.jpg

Ooh-rah armies of deer! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4">

• 2 months later...