Sign in to follow this  
WWCephas

dusted off SHIII last weekend, will try it again this wknd.

I had fun dusting off SH3 and trying to remember how to play a couple weekends ago after Stalingrad 1 and the IL2 servers were empty. Had a lot of fun picking up where my campaign had left off in late '41. Still doing well, although the freighters are now armed a lot of the times. It's tempting to try and go all manual in my firing solution calculations. I am sure it would be a lot more satisfying getting a kill like that, it is just all the frustration that would happen getting to the point where I could do it reliably manually that stops me. The weather has been crap too, been coming home with most of my artillery rounds still.

So far I have been sent to patrol off the Ivory coast a couple times, but I am finding most of my big kills off the coast of Spain enroute and on the return. No convoys to speak of either, maybe I should head back to the North Atlantic to find them, then again I am sure they are better defended by now than they used to be.

I am running the hacked version without patches as I refuse to load the StarForce infected DVD (which I do own).

there is a nostarforce patch for up at gamecopyworld for patched versions