WWCephas

New IL2 DVD will make YOU an uber ace!

I received my copy of the new IL2 complete edition today and installed it and ran on the fresh install tonight. Then I went on Bard's server and tested it out. 5 kills later I recieved my Cross of Iron and 5 marks on the side of my beautiful 262.

There was one small bullet hole that needed patching from Dart's attempt to avenge Chief (who I blew up in a glorious fireball on a 1100kmh headon), but other than that it was pretty easy sailing.

Chief turned sides and joined me, apparently he is another 262 junkie and knows how to treat these birds like the beautiful ladies they are bringing them home to a gentle landing.

We had a great time zooming across the map while testy P-51's and P-47's attempted to lure us into unfavorable attitudes, I think not! My sweetheart will not be compromised, so a bunch of rowdies can jump all over her. Her fleet wings carry me away from danger only to return at a time of my choosing.

We had a great run when 3 of us found BillFish after she had taken out Scout's 262 (what a shame!) I almost completely hosed my first free pass on her wasting about 100 shells and getting one hit, but that messed up her controls. Then Chief and Chunk took turns doing nearly as bad as I. Still our poor aiming was not totally innefective when even a bad hit with a 30mm does so much damage. Finally she was crippled beyond belief having taken to my estimate at least 7 30mm hits, slipping sideways and at low alt I dropped in and delivered the coup de grace, her plane falling into pieces into the frozen snow. I suppose I could have flown by and saluted her courage instead of firing...... but nahhhh this is a stats server. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_chainsaw.gif&key=358e4009fb5ddcb05f9c3d4d734091b8759f5e1c00bcf45afde8b2b55ec88c03">

Then later we found 2 Allies chasing Chunk over Houffalize at high alt and came racing to the rescue. I am not sure who got the kills after we cleared him, but it 'twas not I. (I was very glad to help bail Chunk out though! So often you never get ther in time.) As we were battling those two reds another 2 came in from high alt (Sandman and I think Plague). They eventually set their sights on me when I became split from Chief and Chunk and I led them for a bit of a chase and eventually dived back under them towards Bastogne at 900 KMH. Sandman followed me while I vectored Chief in for support. Over Bastogne Chief made a pass and Sandman pulled off me, I winged over and dropped in on Sandman as he was making a broad turn to the west. I guess he lost sight of me because he gave me a perfect shot from the rear 3/4 angle and I made the most of it this time, splattering him to bits. (Did you hear my whining engine just before the hits Sandman?) Looking around I could not see Plague anywhere so when Chief called RTB I thought I would strafe their southern Base. Diving in on it, low and behold I see a P-47 taxiing and I remembered I still had my rocket pod. Becoming fixated on the P47 my plane really started bucking at 900+ kmh on the dive so I chopped the throttle too quickly which caused a double engine fire which immediately blew out at that speed. Firing my salvo it hit in a perfect circular pattern, on and all around the P47 destroying it instantly. Turns out it was Sandman again, (sorry bud).

Now my engines were still making full power and I was able to hold around 700kmh in level flight so I headed straight home. Every so often an engine would flare up and I would nose over to put it out. This began to happen more and more often until it became a continuous event. Knowing these engines sometimes will instantly explode on a relight I was really sweating it. Finally the airfield comes into sight, I kill both engines and hope 650 kmh is enough to coast in and that the engines do not light up again. It turned out I still had too much speed. Yawing as hard as possible I threw down the gear and flaps at 380 and managed not to damage them. With the rudder kicked hard I crossed the threshold at 220kmh and then bounced it down the runway a few times to come to a smooth stop. PHEW! (even got a track of the landing)

What a night, I even got 6 ground kills on Spitfires strafing the big enemy base at 900 kmh.

SO THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS:

GET THE NEW IL2 COMPLETE DVD AND YOU WILL BECOME UBER PILOT!

(THE Me262 HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MY SCORE!!! REALLY!!!)

Ooooooh! "Uber ace" [rubs hands together while thoughtfully rolling eyes skyward]

This is just what I need to fulfill my dastardly plan to rule the skies!

...hehe. Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered from GoGamer. I've been looking forward to this. I probably won't even break it out of the box, but if the game goes nuts, I've got an easy clean instal.

I need some red and white tape on it that says, "Break in Case of Emergency"

-dxy

Cephas, did you have any "wobbles" or "nose bobbing" troubles before the AiO install?

I have them, wondering if the AiO install, vs. 7 patches route, may help me, as some have reported in the past of "wobbles" going away. after a fresh install of just the needed patches, vs the 3.02 to correct the 3.01 patch path we all took over the years.

Plague, you might want to look at your config.ini file. My axis settings changed between patches and I had bad wobbles. Once I changed them back to what I had set previously, things went back to normal. I think this may have been a factor in my stating that 4.04m had fixed my wobbles. I'm now almost certain that it was the config.ini changes that I made, as opposed to the patch, that fixed my issues.

I only flew the 262 and IL2 post install so it is too early to say. I was getting quite a bit of left right yaw on takeoff rollout until 70kmh or so in the 262, but that is not the dreaded wobbles.

Wobbles are really subjective anyways, but if I notice that it seems smoother I will let you know.

5 kills later I recieved my Cross of Iron and 5 marks on the side of my beautiful 262.

I read today that a cross was given at 20 kills? And later in the war it was pushed out even further because too many German pilots were getting it and the upper command felt it was making the award less valuable.

There was one small bullet hole that needed patching from Dart's attempt to avenge Chief (who I blew up in a glorious fireball on a 1100kmh headon),

Pity it didnt count the couple of cannon hits I got on your right wing. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_e_sad.gif&key=38741f9e3530d7cdc640e0699ad44e6069f4d0e7d8af9de1ac5a402558336cb2">

Then Chief and Chunk took turns doing nearly as bad as I. Still our poor aiming was not totally innefective when even a bad hit with a 30mm does so much damage.

Hey speak for yourself buddy! I was getting numerous hits per pass. Don't know how that old P-47 was able to take that punishment. I was tearing P-51's in half with less hits than what that P-47 took in one of my passes let alone both of mine, two of Chunks, and three (?) of Cephas's! I wish I had gotten a track of that because it was unbelievable.

I am not sure who got the kills after we cleared him, but it 'twas not I.
I got two kills in there. One was on you as you were clearing Chunk and so I 'cleared' him. ;) The other one was shortly after as he was climbing I think.

I think I ended that sortie with 3 kills.

I have the regular install and have not noticed the wobbles that used to plague me. Dont know what I did to make it go away.