WWGraf

Requests

Any requests for a screenshot, please post here.
---------------------------------------

Any particular plane, skin, scene, etc...I'll give'er my best. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

Hmmm...I have TWO requests.

The first one is for a Chuck Yeager screenshot in Glamorous Glen.

The second one would be for a squadron of 190's above a bomber formation, ready to pounce.

Thanks Graf!

Actually Graf thanks for asking.......

I'm partial to the 339th FG that was based out of Fowlmere England from April 44 to 45.

They were the most successful ground attack unit of the 8th AF, flying P51's.

http://www.web-birds.com/8th/339/339.html

Ya think you can make something in honor of this somewhat forgotten unit.

It was comprised of the 503rd, 504th, and 505th squadrons. George Preddy's brother William was part of the unit.....

I've got a really nice book that I picked up at Wright-Pat AFB museum a few years back detailing all of their history. It has a nice summary of all 264 missions flown. I've always wanted to learn to write a campaign so that I could re-create their one year tour.

Anyway.....your artwork is always impressive so if you could showcase the 339th it would be greatly appreciated.

S! Graf,

Excellent screenshots! I always look forward to when you post a new one!

I do have a request, if you're interested. It's an airbase attack by the USAAF against II./JG1 at Semalle, France:

On 16 June [1944] the unit [iI./JG1] moved to Essay, from which it flew fighting patrols over the battle area for the next four days. Then it transferred to the field landing ground at Semalle, south-east of Alençon. As the unit was establishing itself at the new base, the charmed existence it had enjoyed since its arrival in the battle area came to an abrupt end. A force of Mustangs swept over the airfield and, in a series of co-ordinated strafing runs, shot up everything in site. Within the space of a few minutes fifteen Fw-190s had been destroyed, and II./JG1 was out of the battle.

http://www.jg1.org/show.php?pg=real_jg1

If this sounds like something you're interested in, II./JG1's Fw.190's were A-8's. And the Mustangs (though some reports say they were Thunderbolts) were probably either C's or D-5's.

The attack came at about 13:00hrs (according to Eric Mombeek) and there were about 15 Mustangs.

As for II./JG1's paintscheme at the time, here is an excellent example from 4./JG1 (courtesy of Cpt. Farrel):

Fw-190A-8_Red-3_JG1s.jpg

http://www.cptfarrels.com/Fw-190A-8/Fw-190A-8.html

Thanks a lot! And again, outstanding work!

S! Graf,

Excellent screenshots! I always look forward to when you post a new one!

I do have a request, if you're interested. It's an airbase attack by the USAAF against II./JG1 . . . "

As for II./JG1's paintscheme at the time, here is an excellent example from 4./JG1 . . .

Fw-190A-8_Red-3_JG1s.jpg

Hey Klai, great pic of the JG1 historical red stripe fuselage! You sure it was red? Not yellow? I remember a heated discussion of the red versus yellow FUS stripe color issue a long time ago. ](*,)

Just pulling your leg pardner! It is indeed an excellent color scheme you submit from JG1's exhalted history.

Good suggestion for one of WWGraf's masterpieces! I hope he has the time and inclination to do it.

S!

vonurbach