Memorial Flight in honor of WWKat (Art Stacy)

It is with great sorrow that I must be the bearer of bad tidings. Art (WWKat) passed on this morning. I don't really have any great pearls of wisdom to post right now but I thought the WW should be advised of the loss of one of their own.

Please fly the formation in his honor.

Once, Always.

WWPepe, Ret

~~~

Edit by WWSandMan:

Links to videos of the Memorial Flight flown in honor of WWKat:

http://www.wingwalkers.org/vault/wwkat/wwkat.wmv <-- Video by WWSensei (preferred version to watch)

http://www.wingwalkers.org/images/wwkat/sandmans_wwkat_memorial.wmv <-- video by WWSandMan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I Guess I had no idea how advanced things really were. Pepe, could you possibly post a mail address for Irene in our private area. I would very much like to send a card, as I'm sure others would. If you should happen to attend the services, if any, please extend my sincerest condolences to her and all of Art's family.

WWvonSchtupp

Wow, I Guess I had no idea how advanced things really were. Pepe, could you possibly post a mail address for Irene in our private area. I would very much like to send a card, as I'm sure others would. If you should happen to attend the services, if any, please extend my sincerest condolences to her and all of Art's family.

WWvonSchtupp

As soon as I know all the particulars, I will post them so any WW can feel free to follow his heart. Thanks V.S.

Wow...........I am a bit surprised too. I knew he was fighting hard and his posts seemed to indicate that he was still strong.

I am VERY sorry to hear this. My sincerest condolences to Kats family and you Pepe.

I enjoyed getting to know him and flying with him this past year..........

Blue Skies WWKat........... ~S~

The tears flow free....

No words....no words....

Kat, skies are clear and you are free to climb...

Squad, we can roll safe. Kat's got our CAP.

Pepe, send us the info. I'm going to try and make the ceremony. Art's been a wingman for a long time....shit....feel like I've been gut punched.

Okay.. yeah I do know... The Missing Man formation. That's a good call Pepe.

10pm Eastern, Cephas' Kursk server. All available Wing Walkers please attend. Guests are invited, though I'd suggest passwording the server to keep the regular dogfighters off... those who see this message and thread can use the following password : WWKat

Game version 4.05m is required.

I'd suggest a replay of this tomorrow evening as well.

Fly the aircraft of your choice that's available on the server. Please select an aircraft for which you have WW Dress Blue skins. No national markings... just Blue and Gold.

Those skins are available on Bard's ftp server and possibly in the skins folder on the WW Vault. I'll try to attach or upload some individual skins for 109's, 190's La-5's and Yaks in case you can't find the specific files.

Dubya sent me some files for dressing the WW logo's in black ribbon.

Okay.. yeah I do know... The Missing Man formation. That's a good call Pepe.

10pm Eastern, Cephas' Kursk server. All available Wing Walkers please attend. Guests are invited, though I'd suggest passwording the server to keep the regular dogfighters off... those who see this message and thread can use the following password : WWKat

Game version 4.05m is required.

I'd suggest a replay of this tomorrow evening as well.

Fly the aircraft of your choice that's available on the server. Please select an aircraft for which you have WW Dress Blue skins. No national markings... just Blue and Gold.

Those skins are available on Bard's ftp server and possibly in the skins folder on the WW Vault. I'll try to attach or upload some individual skins for 109's, 190's La-5's and Yaks in case you can't find the specific files.

Dubya sent me some files for dressing the WW logo's in black ribbon.

If the WW does anything, they do it right. Art will be proud. If this gets pulled off, I would appreciate a screenshot if possible.

S!

An ntrk (or a few of them) would be nice as well. We've got some terrific artists (screenshot art, movie makers, writers, musicians, etc) around that can put together some good tributes to our fine friend and wingmate.

Frank, If you have any larg-ish photos of Art (posing, or boating, or just shooting the breeze with family and friends), please scan and send me a copy.

To our visitors, if you plan on attending our memorial flight, please wear (skin your plane in) your squadron's cleanest and most distinct dress uniforms, to pay your respects in.

Server is prepared, password is WWKat.

I would recommend all going Axis and launching from Belgorod airfield.

Externals and map icons are on to aid formation and recording.

Are we going to do a four plane honor guard flight over the airfield with one pulling off as the honor guard flies over (all others taxiied neatly into position on the ramp?

I will try to be there at least by 9:30 Eastern. please come early to prepare.

Please select an aircraft for which you have WW Dress Blue skins. No national markings... just Blue and Gold.

quote]

Sandman......I dont see the dress blues for the 109 in Bards files or the WW vault

Sorry to hear this /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_e_sad.gif&key=38741f9e3530d7cdc640e0699ad44e6069f4d0e7d8af9de1ac5a402558336cb2">. I'm sure he be looking out for you all /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">. Condolences to his family and WW.

My heartfelt condolences go out to Art’s (WWKat's) family.

And my deepest sympathies to his friends, foremost of which I know are the WingWalkers.

JG1 has always stood strongly by you guys, and now is no different. Would it be alright if some of us attended your service?

S! Art. You always made me feel welcome here. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_cry.gif&key=af9ce749339d5f0fdb3c25b91f656db35bace5cb48def1ec035d87a80c3c565e">

I'll be in my Class A's tonight.