Memorial Flight in honor of WWKat (Art Stacy)

Wow, so sorry to hear this, guys. Please add my condolences to his family and friends.

I think the missing man is a fitting tribute. I'd love to be there to see it, but I'm stuck at work tonight. I'm certainly there in spirit. Good show.

S! WWKat

Take care gentlemen.

-dxy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply have no words.
I learned of Arts passing (moments ago) on a boating board. I came here to see if you folks were aware and saw Franks msg (Pepe).

In case Frank hadn't posted the info for Arts funeral, one of our boating friends had. He wrote

"Irene just called me. The wake is on Friday (one day only). The address is -

Charles G Schmitt Funeral Home
3863 Merrick Road, Seaford (1/2 mile east of Rte 135).
Time is 2-4 and 7-9."

Gods speed Art, you'll never be forgotten.
and to the rest of you guys...take care of yourselves.

They say there are no strangers.... just friends we've never met.

I am sorry that I never had the privilege of meeting Kat, but, just the same, he was one of our friends.

S! Kat. Enjoy the never ending blue skies of eternity.

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/toast.gif&key=f562d31034c7cf7ca2012f6cbe0726d9d6a712935f921e6eef253e7b87fa9916">

Bereavement in their death to feel
Whom We have never seen—
A Vital Kinsmanship import
Our Soul and theirs—between—

For Stranger—Strangers do not mourn—
There be Immortal friends
Whom Death see first—'tis news of this
That paralyze Ourselves—

Who, vital only to Our Thought—
Such Presence bear away
In dying—'tis as if Our Souls
Absconded—suddenly—

I am stunned ! I don't handle the passing of friends to well. God rest your soul Art.

An ntrk (or a few of them) would be nice as well. We've got some terrific artists (screenshot art, movie makers, writers, musicians, etc) around that can put together some good tributes to our fine friend and wingmate.

Frank, If you have any larg-ish photos of Art (posing, or boating, or just shooting the breeze with family and friends), please scan and send me a copy.

To our visitors, if you plan on attending our memorial flight, please wear (skin your plane in) your squadron's cleanest and most distinct dress uniforms, to pay your respects in.

Dub, right now the world for me is a chaotic place. I know I have some pics of Art and I will scan and send but I won't be able to do it until next week. I am getting all my domestic and work items in some semblance of order and leaving for NY tomorrow. I'll be in touch when I return. Thanks so much for whatever memories you can put together for Art and share with the WW. It means a lot to me as well.

This is sad news indeed.

Art was always a great guy, when I flew/raced online with him. He will be missed.

Sorry I missed tonights "missing man" tribute on the server, I went to a memorial service this afternoon, and didnt check in after, in time. Will be on the server tomorrow evening, if there is a replay.

We will be repeating the memorial tomorrow evening June 8th starting around 10PM PST.

Guests are welcome, password is WWKat, server address: WWBattles.com or look for WWBattles/Kursk on HyperLobby.

Please try to have downloaded dress WWBlue skins (or your squadron's skin if available for guests). Spawn in to the North Belgorod Axis base and taxi where directed.

Honor guard should show up early (please post if you flew tonight's honor guard and can not make it, also any senior WW who would like an honor guard position is welcome to take over from one of the newer WW"s who are currently on it and are more than happy to either fly or give up their spot to an old friend of Art's who may want to be on the Honor Guard.)

Current Honor Guard by rank:
WWCephas
WWSandman
WWSensei
WWChunk

SALUTE!

Yes, there will be a replay tomorrow night, 10pm Eastern on Cephas' WWBattles: Kursk server.

We realize the timing was awefully short for tonight's memorial. That's why we'll be running another memorial session tomorrow night.

I want to personally thank II./JG1_Klaiber for rounding up some of II./JG1's pilots to assist in honoring WWKat. JG1 has been constant friends (and foes) with the Wing Walkers over the 15 years of our online existance, and your presence tonight is greatly appreciated. ~~Salute!~~

Hey guys, I wanted to thank all the senior WW's who gave me the honor to fly the missing man formation tonight. I said it on TS, and I'll say it again here. The feeling you get when you're on someone's six is always heart-pounding; well let me tell you, I was sweaty-palmed tonight trying to make sure that I made this fitting tribute to Art a success. Thank you again for giving me this opportunity.

Thanks also to JG1 for the show of support. This sim and it's community really is like another family too me.

Unfortunately, I will NOT be able to make it tomorrow evening. I work until 18:00 PST, then I have an prior engagement that I can't break this late. My thoughts and prayers will be the with Art's family and the WW's.

~Salute!~

Dub, right now the world for me is a chaotic place. I know I have some pics of Art and I will scan and send but I won't be able to do it until next week...

No rush, Frank. You do what needs to be done, comfort Irene, and help where you can. We'll do what we can from our end of the line. Art and his family have a good friend in you, and we are honored by your efforts, both towards his family, and us WW.

I'm sorry for your loss. Please add my condolences to his family and friends.

You all honor him with your memories. I hope you all get a chance to fly your missing man formation.

Its very hard to lose a friend. I hope some of you get to attend his memorial.

Please take care of yourselves.

Salute Kat

S! All,

Everyone in JG1 who was able to attended tonight's ceremony was honored to be there. The WingWalkers have been apart of our extended family for well over a decade now. And when you feel loss, so do we.

Thank you for letting us share in your memories. And I hope that more JG1 pilots (especially those who remember Kat) will be able to show their respects tomorrow.

Let me also say that the Missing Man Formation was performed beautifully. It was a fitting aerial salute to a person who dedicated so much of his time to the group he loved.

~Salut!~

I don't know if my PM to Sandman made it to the WW private area so, just in case not, please DO NOT send flowers to the funeral home Perc posted earlier. The family requests that any donations you may want to give be directed to the Cancer Society in memory of Art Stacy.

Thank you all for your most kind words and sentiments posted on these pages. You honor my friend well and it is appreciated.

For those that do not know, Art and I have been friends for 30 years and his loss leaves a void that can never be filled again. I came to this venue to share information with his WW and community friends and to seek comfort for myself as well. As usual, you have exceeded expectations. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

~SALUTE~

Frank

Frank you know we share your loss as best we can given the limited means of this cyber interface. What has continued to amaze me about this group is how we have become such a part of one anothers lives through this medium. We are friends, comrades, and brothers who share our good times and bad.

We have missed you, and we will dearly miss Art. Please please give our deepest sympathies to Irene. I cannot imagine how she must be feeling, coming so close to a wonderful move to Florida and now this. It breaks my heart to think about.

Don't be a stranger Frank. Remember, Once-Always.

Edited by Guest

What can I say? Yesterday, I came home ill and went to bed very early. I was just stunned to come here today and find out about Kat (Art). His death was so unexpected, while his future seemed so bright! I had plans to drive over to Tampa and meet him...and now...this.

My most sincere condolences, Kat. Aparently your future was even brighter than most of us thought...in the heavenly relms.

Fair winds and following seas!

I am going to make a new map for this evening's memorial using one with one of the big square concrete runways so it will be easy to taxi into line when spawning in.

I will most likely just include the FW190 as the spawn vehicle, it has good upwards vision through the canopy to view the fly over and a line of similar planes looks better.

Any thoughts for or against, suggestions?

Password and server address will remain the same. Please be sure to remind me to make sure I increase the server limit in case there is a big turnout. Should not be a problem with most everyone sitting static.

Once again please be sure to have Dress Blue skins for WW's and if possible guests in either your squadron's colors, black, or default if not available to you.

Hi All;

My sincere wishes for all of your comfort and his families during this time. Without going into why I'm not very good at this sort of thing or goodbyes even so normally never post in such threads burdening more those grieving.

Anywho, I'm posting due to your plans to form up, noting you mentioned others joining in......Though none of my business might I suggest you limit it....As if you'll recall some time ago in RB3d the same thing was done for one fallen......In short order there were roughly 100+ planes trying to form, crashing into each other, lagging out.....and though the intentions were good it did become a bit of a circus.

Just a thought, none of my business, and not meaning to intrude......Yet hoping those wanting to wish well do not unintentionally hamper your memorial.

I'll say a prayer for you all and his family hoping your grief is eased.

Kelly

Kelly you're kind words are very much appreciated. We actually limited the "color guard" to 1, 4 plane element with the rest of us sitting quietly on the tarmac while they fly over in the missing man formation.

We've missed you around here. Don't be a stranger.

Sorry to hear about this devastating loss. I hope no one minds that I added a small salute to Kat in my graphic, as I could not think of anything else. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_e_sad.gif&key=38741f9e3530d7cdc640e0699ad44e6069f4d0e7d8af9de1ac5a402558336cb2">

It is a beautiful tribute you guys are doing with the formation.

S!

@ Cephas: Thank you, I was going to suggest a re-done map without the war elements to it. As far as the aircraft, I think it would be quite fine to allow many different makes, as a lot of our guests may not have specific squadron or individual skins for the 190's (I'm thinking speciffically of 2GvSAP here, I know they have various personal skins for Yaks and P-39's and such).

Oh... could you add a few external cameras around the airfield?

@ Kelly : Thank you hon. None of us have been able to put into words our feelings of loss, anger, frustration... I couldn't even voice my own salute last night after the fly-by, I was simply too choked up.

Please join us tonight if you can Kelly. All observers will be on the ground, lined up on the runways (? to avoid spawn accidents). The only aircraft in the air will be the four-plane honor guard flight.

@ Chief: That's a very touching addition to your avatar, thank you so much.

~~~

Aside to Chunk and Cephas : I meant what I said last night, the mix of new and old WW members in the Honor Guard flight is absolutely the way to go, IMO. Kat has a long history within the Wing Walkers, and included participation in events all the way back to the RB Kali Wars and as recently as the IL-2 Santa Cruz event. There can be no better mix to the Honor Guard than to include a couple grizzled RB vets along with some of the newest WW members. We are all Wing Walkers, and that's what matters.