Almost certainly an urban legend but...

WWSensei

came across this story and laughed...

A friend of a friend lives in NYC and participates in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism). He's stereotypical Viking, 6'7" tall, LONG blonde hair, about 350 - 400 lbs of solid muscle, and looks every bit of it.

Well, he was going to a meet in full getup with long cloak and battle axe and sitting on the subway... hunched over leaning on the axe with the cloak pulled over it so he wouldn't scare anybody.

Lo and behold some little punk comes up... MAYBE 5'2", 120 lbs soaking wet, and brandishes a knife saying "GIMME YOUR MONEY!" Naturally the guy sits there... somewhat befuddled at the nerve of this punk. "GIMME YOUR *bleepin* MONEY OR ELSE!" and the guy stands up... and up... and UP. Raising the battle axe over his head, screaming at the top of his lungs "BLOOD FOR ODIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

At this point, the fellow passengers learn the true sound of terror. Not a scream, no curses, just a simple little "urk" as the guy leaves a wet spot as he's bolting for anywhere but here.

A couple weeks later our friend is at a club in the men's room, doing what all guys do when they've had a bit of ale, and looks over and at the next urinal is that SAME PUNK! Up for a bit of a laugh, the guy leans over, and quietly whispers in the dude's ear "Blood for Odin".

The cops catch up with him a couple blocks away... screaming bloody murder, running like the hounds of hell are after him, with his pants around his ankles.

Well, Its not a rapier and dagger, but I think it will do...

I think we need a "Blood For Odin!" noseart....

LMAO, reminds me of just yesterday.

All the students were in the student lounge at Choctaw, and PFC Leonard had his chair facing away from the door eating a bag of M&Ms with everyone else facing him and the door. Lo and behold, Gunnery Sergeant Long walks by, does a double take, and sees his opportunity.

You see, Leonard is still pretty skittish around anyone higher than an E-4, hehe.

Gunny creeps up behind him with all the other students watching, trying not to laugh (including myself), leans over and whispers, "Enjoying your lunch, Leonard?" :lol:

You should have seen the look of terror as he jumped like three feet into the air, popped up into parade rest and said "Yes, Gunny!" It was priceless. Oh man, good times, good times... /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_twisted.gif&key=76870aa9df6931b692ccc9ef4c7472a7834d1d9dfc6a76eccadd1fa39c0df891">

I'm not that big and my hair was dark back in 1975 when I was riding the Phila subway system about 11pm or so. I hadn't thought about it but I had my green poncho rolled up and tucked under my arm. I noticed I had the car almost to myself, there was a cop in the car when I stepped in and he turned and walked through to the next car. Then this black kid sort of sidles up to me.

Hey mister?
Yeah?
Can I touch your shotgun?

I'm not that big and my hair was dark back in 1975 when I was riding the Phila subway system about 11pm or so. I hadn't thought about it but I had my green poncho rolled up and tucked under my arm. I noticed I had the car almost to myself, there was a cop in the car when I stepped in and he turned and walked through to the next car. Then this black kid sort of sidles up to me.

Hey mister?
Yeah?
Can I touch your shotgun?

Max, you ever think he wasn't talking about firearms?
:shock:

So "The Poncho" is your name for your little buddy eh? Have not heard that one before. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_twisted.gif&key=76870aa9df6931b692ccc9ef4c7472a7834d1d9dfc6a76eccadd1fa39c0df891">