Gold flight request and info

S!

I tossed this out in another thread, but it may get buried there as it was off topic.

I'm requesting Gold flight be a mixed formation, with Plague and I in Fw-190 A-5's; Chief and Dart in Bf-109G's.

The only alteration to the mission plan I would suggest would be to have the 109's climb immediately after bomb drop to provide local combat air patrol. The 190's (with their superior firepower) will be suppressing enemy air defense systems (SEAD) in preparation for the He-111 flight's bomb runs. With the 109's higher, the inbound level bombers will have limited fighter protection at their own altitude and also may provide advance notice of incoming enemy aircraft with an altitude advantage over the 190's.

Gold flight will be on Blue-Channel TWO* on the WWBattles TS server.

Flight Leader (Gold 1): SandMan
Wingman (Gold 2): Plague

Section Leader (Gold 3): Chief
Wingman (Gold 4): Dart

Gold Flight general orders:

• Gold Flight will be based at the eastern base, along with the He-111's.

All take-offs will be East to West. All landings will likewise be East to West, unless emergency situations require a reverse landing.

Bombers will spawn in first. Gold flight will hold in the ready room until the He-111's inform us the spawn ramps are cleared.

Recommended loadout for the Fw-190's will be the R1 choice; 1x500kg bomb + 75% fuel.

Recommended loadout for the Bf-109's will be a 500kg bomb +75% fuel.

All Gold flight will carry 100% fuel for Mission 2 to F7 with Brown Flight.

SandMan and Chief (if not all) will have comms set up to be able to speak/whisper to other flights.

Command Order: 1,3,2,4 (that is, if SandMan goes down, Chief is flight lead; if Chief also goes down, Plague is flight lead)

Each section will spawn as a team; no cross section spawning. (I believe we can spawn as pairs ... This will be edited if it's determined that Gold flight's sections must spawn as a full flight)

Questions, comments?

/updated/

/updated comms channel/

Edited by Guest

If the 109's wont be required to loiter for an extended time over the target area they are able to reach F-2 on 50% fuel and any other target with 75%, but that being said I think it is much safer to go with your suggested fuel setting in the case of a fuel leak.

I would like to add another change Sandman in regard to comms.

As Brown flight contains the event C.O. it will take channel Blue 1.
Gold flight is assigned to Brown flight so it will take channel 2.
Green flight is channel 3.
Red flight is channel 4.

This will be posted in another sticky thread.

Important Information

Please confirm you have read and understand the rules above

Please Sign In or Sign Up