Sorry for the site being down.

Thanks for the head's-up today, Sensei. Not a lot I can do while on the road, however. It's good to know you can take the time to bitch at N.A. when our site is down because of some snafu on their end.

I wonder if they fixed the sendmail() function too...

Yeah, I'm complaining about that too. Here is the reply I got this morning...

Dear Mike Couvillion,

Thank you for contacting Network Solutions. Your request has been received by the Technical Support Team.

We are committed to creating the best customer experience possible. One of the first ways we can demonstrate our commitment to this goal is to respond to your recent request quickly and efficiently.

We will not be able to resolve your issue via email. We would like to request you to contact us by phone at 866-391-4357.

We will need to authenticate your access on the account and clarify further information to have it escalated to our engineering team if necessary.

We hope this information has been helpful. However, if you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department.

Please refer to Service Request # 1-238647575.

Now, either they want to talk to me on the phone because my response to them earlier about what I felt the problem was (btw, I was right) indicated I was no clueless idiot so it won't waste their time to talk to me, or some Level 2 Tech Support weenie thinks he'll stroke his ego "educating" me about "these big complex computer thingies"[1]. Part of me really wants it to be option 2. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_twisted.gif&key=76870aa9df6931b692ccc9ef4c7472a7834d1d9dfc6a76eccadd1fa39c0df891">

[1] That's a quote I got from a tech support weenie from our previous ISP who was going to take his precious time to explain to me because I most likely didn't understand "these big complex computer thingies". He didn't say it after we had been discussing things awhile...that's how he started the conversation. My reaction wasn't pretty. Women and children were evacuated, I know I heard sobbing at one point...it was ugly...

Still getting a Php bug error message when making posts to the computer board thingie where I type my thoughts after I turn on my box with the pretty lights.

edit: that was strange, no error message when posting here, but I got one posting to the Dayton thread......odd

When you get those cut and paste the error please. Different bugs have different causes. If it is that "Debug yada yada yada emailer.php" one then that's a seperate trouble ticket I have with them. Other types indicate other php issues we've seen off and on.

That's the PHP sendmail() function error.

What's really funny is that the line of code the error message refers to (line 233) is ... the error message to display if the message didn't get sent. :lol:

230		// Did it work?
231		if (!$result)
232		{
233			message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Failed sending email :: ' . (($this->use_smtp) ? 'SMTP' : 'PHP') . ' :: ' . $result, '', __LINE__, __FILE__);
234		}

Well wtf... Now the smtp isn't working??

/edit/ oh, and that link in the error message doesn't do shit for me. I don't need to know how to set up a POP3 mail box, I need the forum to send mail via the domain smtp outgoing mail. Or via the PHP sendmail() fuinction, which doesn't work either. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_pissed.gif&key=7fc7d3ea92a84f659b18a8cd7563881a20fdbc05026e3e3653044f248ca767ee">

((sigh))

Okay... turned off smtp and now we're back to using the php sendmail() function.

I did a test in a forum area that someone is "watching" (Kursk thread), where I got the smtp error earlier. No error this time using php... we'll see. Keep me informed if those errors keep repeating.

Oh, you'll notice that despite the email error either via smtp or php, the post you write *does* get added, you just need to drill back to it in order to clear it off your un-read messages list.

Followup:

When I posted the above alert message...it never cleared, so I thought it didn't post.. I see now that it did as you mentioned, Sandy.

The forum seems very slow to load each area I select to enter. Only posting this as info...not criticism. I know you work very hard on this and I appreciate it.