Yak-9T Observations

I've been practicing offline since I could repeat He-111 attacks quicker.

First of all, the P-39 is a great interceptor and has a great supply of ammo, but, for some reason, I like the 9T better. Mainly, the 9T is faster, but has less ammo. So...

1) I've found that it's not a good idea just to "hammer down" on the 9T trigger: a careful 'one second squeeze' does the job nicely and conserves your ammo.

2) Attacks from the 4:00 to 8:00 (rear) is just plain DEATH...DON'T DO IT!

3) What has worked fabulously for me is to ensure altitude advantage and attack from the 9:00 around to the 3:00 (front) position from a dive then zoom climb out in the direction the bombers are headed...invert and roll back in.

Now, I discovered that this tactic is not easy and takes patience. The tendency after the first attack is just to turn back in for attack #2. For me, this almost always ensures that I will get "sucked" to the rear of the bombers (and their deadly crossfire.) The 111's are faster than you think, hence the need for patience to ensure that you achieve the proper position before attacking.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but the 111's are so fast that it's easy to forget LEAD in your aim. Using this approach, I rarely get even one "hit" on my a/c from defensive fire and one good hit from the 9T cannons can destroy a 111.

Edit: It'd be nice if all us interceptors had a coop with us and the He-111's, (maybe some stookies???) so we could get several missions in at a time. (I'm working on Demon's UQMB, but I'm still a noob on it. I'll try to cook something up tonight when I get in.)

Edit #2: OK, I successfully built a coop using UQMB. It has La-5F's, Yak-9T's, Bf109-G6's, Stookies-G1, and He-111. For Practice sake, I made it an air start and it's similar to QMB, but more realistic! I'll be on tonite (Thurs.) and will host on my IP. (Prokharovka...sp?? map)

Edited by Guest

Important Information

Please confirm you have read and understand the rules above

Please Sign In or Sign Up