Flight Simulator X Demo

WWSandMan

Microsoft has a "trial version" of FS-X available, grab it HERE. 636MB!

Flight Simulator X Trial Version

The Flight Simulator X trial version includes two airports, three missions, and three different aircraft. All of the missions take place at St. Maarten in the Caribbean.

Missions:

Getting Started (Novice)
Plane: de Havilland Beaver DHC2
Details: Geared towards first time flyers, this step-by-step tutorial mission shows you how to get off the ground and up in the air so you can explore the ocean and island of St. Maarten. Of special note is the fact that the Beaver is a float plane so you won't have any runways to worry about. You'll be taking off and landing in the ocean.

Flour Power
Plane: AirCreation Trike Ultralight
Details: This mission has you behind the controls of an ultralight, a very easy to fly glider. The object of the mission is to drop sacks of flour attached to your ultralight onto various objects and targets scattered throughout the area surrounding St. Maarten. You'll be scored on both speed and accuracy. Try not to drop any flour on spectators or dolphins, as you'll be assessed a time penalty.

Caribbean Landing
Plane: Bombardier CRJ700
Details: The most challenging of the three included in the trial version, this mission will essentially be a take-off and landing of a Bombardier CRJ700 in a technically challenging airport. You'll need to manage air traffic chatter and surrounding AI planes efficiently to succeed.

hmmm, if you can drop flour bags you should be able to mod the game to increase the size of the flour bag to 2,000 lbs and then fill it with TNT and a nice little impact fuze. Then it may be worth flying. I suppose a bigger engine would be needed on that ultralight though.

Actually a flight sim does not need to have guns to be worth playing, missiles work well too. :pistoles:

I installed it this morning. It's cool, but basically FS2004 with some new game modes and scenery tweaks. NP doesn't have their software updated for TIR to work with it yet. The first thing I noticed is the piston engine props sound alot better. Saw a few animals too. Flock of birds crossing a runway while I was on final!

S! Smooth-MEOW

Thanks for the movie you did - I downloaded it and watched the whole deal - very interesting!

Also brought back some memories - when I was a kid in the '50's my Dad [after being a WWII pilot] used to make extra money for his family by giving seaplane lessons to guys out of a small "port" on the Hackensack River [of all places] in northern New Jersey near NYC [back before the Jersey Turnpike extension made the approach a lot shorter] - your film made me remember the thrill and scare of taking off and landing in a seaplane with my Dad on a narrow stretch of river, sometimes at night - the thought still scares me to death [at 10 years of age it made me want to puke - but never did, my Dad would not have approved].

Your movie was great to watch! Thanks for the fun.

vonurbach