Sign in to follow this  
WWGraf

Carriers at War

Gents,

Started a new project involving recreating profiles of the carriers that fought against one another in WW2.

Each carrier will have a resolution of 6000x2000, fairly large pic and a great amount of detail involved.

Here is my work I have finished thus far.

The basic outline of each carrier(of course reduced in size), the USS Hornet and the HIJMS Zuikaku.

boscdv6.jpg

Click pic for true scale of carrier.

usshornetay0.jpg

Basic 3D work on Hornet island.(Click on pic for true size.)

usshornetislandsmfj5.jpg

More to come...

Now that's an impressive project!

LOL, I couldn't understand what the suddenly straight, but angled lines filled with a deeper shade of grey were... then it dawned on me : the word "SAMPLE" :lol:

It will be interesting to see your rendition of a US carrier in a later war cammo scheme, like in this pic from the US Navy's history web site. (found through a quick Google, the main result page being HERE).

Thanks Sandie. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

Sad to say the project is on hold for now. See my other topic and you'll know why. ;)