Attention all Wing Walkers members with a wingwalkers(dot)org email address:

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR EMAIL PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY

Visit WingWalkers' WebMail and log in with your email address and current password. Click the drop-down menu on the top-right under your username, select "Password and Security" and change your password. If you've forgotten your password, use the "I forgot my password" option and follow the steps (you've done that before, I'm sure.)

Please send me - WWSandMan - a private message on the forum letting me know you've changed your password. Those of you who have done so already, thank you!

** Folks who have not responded that they have updated their email account password will have that account deleted. All unused accounts will be deleted.**

We have far too many email accounts not being used, or which have been compromised, to allow them to remain open. Thank you for understanding the need to go to these lengths.

WWProfFate

anyone played the Medieval 2 demo?

I know - wrong forum, but I could not find one for historical RTS games ;)

I'm having serious fps issues with this one. Tutorial works ok but in the first battle it slows down to a slideshow (abt. 1-2 fps) even on low settings. My rig isn't top line (AMD 3200+, 1 GB RAM, GF 6600 GT) but as their minimum specs are a Celeron 1500, 512 MB RAM and a GF 4 4400 Ti I am wondering...

Downloading now... will report when installed and tested. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

I enjoyed MTW very much except for one part--the arbitrary and seemingly random revolt of over half your empire. I'd keep people happy, place high-loyalty generals, have a strong and highly likable king and it seemed no matter what 1/2 to 3/4 of your empire would revolt half way through the game. Just completly ruined many a campign for me. I ended up just doing tactical battles (which were the most fun as pect in any case) and didn't do the "world conquest" part. I found RTW to do much the same thing at times though to a less annoying degree than did MTW. I hope they fixed that aspect.

just going to wait for the full game to come out-
mtw was my favorite of the total war series.. mtw 2 should be better- I enjoy the turn based strategy part as much as the real time battles-
rome tw turned out to bore me too much...

I did read that the demo was beta and not fully tweaked for performance-so I wouldnt worry about that part-your system is fine.

Tested at full eye-candy settings. A tad slowish, but completely playable for me in widescreen. BTW, my Sys is an Alienware AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual Core Processor, with 3GB RAM, and dual NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT (removed SLI as it was crashing IL2).

I enjoyed MTW very much except for one part--the arbitrary and seemingly random revolt of over half your empire.

I noticed that the presence of enemy spies can cause that sort of issue.

I generally place spies in my own cities to find them.

Found out Steam is releasing this one as well. Pre-loading and will pre-order. The boontybox guys could learn from the steam folks on how to porperly be a distributor without being overly intrusive.