anyone played the Medieval 2 demo?

I know - wrong forum, but I could not find one for historical RTS games ;)

I'm having serious fps issues with this one. Tutorial works ok but in the first battle it slows down to a slideshow (abt. 1-2 fps) even on low settings. My rig isn't top line (AMD 3200+, 1 GB RAM, GF 6600 GT) but as their minimum specs are a Celeron 1500, 512 MB RAM and a GF 4 4400 Ti I am wondering...

Downloading now... will report when installed and tested. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca">

I enjoyed MTW very much except for one part--the arbitrary and seemingly random revolt of over half your empire. I'd keep people happy, place high-loyalty generals, have a strong and highly likable king and it seemed no matter what 1/2 to 3/4 of your empire would revolt half way through the game. Just completly ruined many a campign for me. I ended up just doing tactical battles (which were the most fun as pect in any case) and didn't do the "world conquest" part. I found RTW to do much the same thing at times though to a less annoying degree than did MTW. I hope they fixed that aspect.

just going to wait for the full game to come out-
mtw was my favorite of the total war series.. mtw 2 should be better- I enjoy the turn based strategy part as much as the real time battles-
rome tw turned out to bore me too much...

I did read that the demo was beta and not fully tweaked for performance-so I wouldnt worry about that part-your system is fine.

Tested at full eye-candy settings. A tad slowish, but completely playable for me in widescreen. BTW, my Sys is an Alienware AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual Core Processor, with 3GB RAM, and dual NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT (removed SLI as it was crashing IL2).

I enjoyed MTW very much except for one part--the arbitrary and seemingly random revolt of over half your empire.

I noticed that the presence of enemy spies can cause that sort of issue.

I generally place spies in my own cities to find them.
  • 3 weeks later...