EVGA step up program

WWCephas

I am about to use EVGA's Step Up program to upgrade to a 8800 GTX card. The Step Up program is an offer that will for 90 days from the date of purchase allow you to RMA return it deducting the full retail price you paid for it for a brand new card straight from EVGA.

You do end up having to pay full MSRP for the card though, (although 8800's are not going to be discounted for a while so that is not an issue yet) and you can not in the future Step Up the new card you received.

Anyway I thought I would share my experience with this program, this is my thrid EVGA card and I have never had a problem yet. Someone earlier was very impressed with BFG warranties so I figured I can provide information on another manufacturer for you all.

I actually was not planning on getting a DX10 card yet but the 8800's are showing some amazing fps jumps, especially for Company of Heroes (IL2 gets a hefty boost too). It looks to be about 20-30% faster in Il2 over my 7950GT and 30-50 percent faster in CoH. With the full price trade-in I figured I might as well have an early Christmas and bite the bullet.

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_8800_preview/page16.asp

The card is not available just yet so there will be a delay for a bit before this happens though. Another big downside is you have to RMA your old card before you get your new one, so you need a spare card to use your computer in the meantime. Luckily no one has bought my 7800 GT yet so that is no problem.

Heh, your third string, back-up standby card is about 3 or 4 generations ahead of my current 1st stringer

:lol: I'm with Sensei on this one!

I drive old cars so I can have fast computers.

:?: I recall a photo you posted of a pretty sleek Japanese sporty-thing of some sort in your driveway. It's not at all old. (from the guy who has an '88 Ford F-150 taking up space in his driveway)

Probably can beat ya there to Cephas. ;-)

My "newest" car is 1999 with over 100K miles on it and the oldest is a 1970 Austin Mini with an unknown number of miles. It only goes 5 digits and I've rolled it over twice myself...The wife's car is a 1994 Toyota. It's sitting at around 240K.

That car is a '95 3000GT. Actually it is going away soon before the State Patrol catches me, too many close calls.... Now I am driving a '97 baby blue Grand Marquis (got a killer deal and its low miles) but can't help feel like a grandpa driving that boat around (still have 10 years left until I should become a gramps I hope!). I can't complain about the ride though, its like driving around sitting in your couch with 200+ HP.

My commuting car for the last year has been '79 Plymouth TrailDuster, Your rides can't even compare to that $800 beast of a vehicle.

Hummm what does it feel like to be a grampa :shock: I want one of them new 500 hp mustangs /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca"> White with twin blue racing stripes :o

Hummm what does it feel like to be a grampa :shock: I want one of them new 500 hp mustangs /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_wink.gif&key=940dab18e6395dabf49383a0bb376331df53e6f1880bab3f9e4e80745a8cc9ca"> White with twin blue racing stripes :o

I live right down the road from where they build em..........get to see those babys everyday. They are nice. 8)

You do end up having to pay full MSRP for the card though, (although 8800's are not going to be discounted for a while so that is not an issue yet) and you can not in the future Step Up the new card you received.

You get whot you payed for the origanel card and you pay whot ever they price it on there site so yes you do..

Another thing to keep in mind is that as long as you pick a card before the 90 days are over you be able to step up. So it's not like if you have to step up weeks before.

And from my experience it was sweet No problems whot so ever. BUT keep in mind allso there shiping is around $20+ and you have to pay to get your card to them too.