Sign in to follow this  
WWCephas

New Skirmish/MP map by Cephas "MtColburne"

Here is my first map I made with the new WorldBuilder tool. Please give me feedback and report bugs if you try it. It is setup for up to 4 players if playing alone or with just 2 online players I highly recommend closing out players 2 and 4.

While this map can be played in the normal styles I have developed it as being a defensive map for the Germans. (ideally using the "Defend the Base" rules in the other thread). If you are Allies I highly recommend using forward bases. I also made it harder to do sneak Airborne attacks in the German rear (Thanks for showing me that Bard /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae"> ) While the Germans area at a disadvantage in manpower and supplies they have the terrain advantage, so keep that in mind.

http://WWBattles.com/mtcolburne.zip

To use you need to patch to 1.03 at least and then start the game with "-dev" added to the command line so you can use add-on maps. If you alter a shortcut to the exe to use -dev be sure to put the -dev after the quotes in the target line (with a space after the last quote)

Example from target line in shortcut properties:
"C:Program FilesTHQCompany of HeroesRelicCOH.exe" -dev

The files need to be unzipped into the following directory:
C:Program FilesTHQCompany of HeroesWW2DataScenariosmp
You may need to make the "mp" sub directory if you just patched to 1.03.

Enjoy.

Oh yeah I know already the minimap pictures are very buggy,seems to be a worldbuilder fault. No fix yet.
Alliedroute.jpg

aaw... para's were fun /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

I realised a few new things about them too - fun fun fun /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

Played the tutorial- and then got whomped on a skirmish-
I really need to use the pause key until i get more used to this- and for some reason my print screen/scroll lock and Pause break keys dont work on this keyboard...

Problem fixed- switched keyboards with the old comp upstairs...

Map pack updated with spiffy new overhead and mini-map graphics and a new screenshot splash image for saved games and replays. Still have not figured out how to add a custom loading game screen.