Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye

Gearing Up

Hey WW's, newb IL2 here. I'm trying to "gear up" enough to be able to join Tuesday practice. Coupla questions.....what are the available wide screen resolutions (I need 16:10) that you can use in the "conf.ini" file, if any? Also, there must be a no-DVD patch, how do I get it and what if anything special do I have to do to make it work?

I am running the official 4.09m patch now + new default skins. I have Hyperlobby working. I am looking forward to flying with youse guys...but don't expect too much, it's been years, but I like WWII too and I want to fly with you, learn and hopefully become something better than a target drone on the public servers.

Any other essential info you might feel helpful appreciated. I have literally not even flown yet since this recent install. S!

Hawkeye

Hey WW's, newb IL2 here. I'm trying to "gear up" enough to be able to join Tuesday practice. Coupla questions.....what are the available wide screen resolutions (I need 16:10) that you can use in the "conf.ini" file, if any? Also, there must be a no-DVD patch, how do I get it and what if anything special do I have to do to make it work?

S! Hawkeye

I'm going to assume you need 1680x1050 or something similar. Open 'conf.ini' in a plain text editor, edit it to look something like the following:

[window]
width=1680
height=1050
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0  <--- PAY ATTENTION TO THIS LINE
Use3Renders=0

Once you do this, make sure you DO NOT open the 'il2_setup.exe' file, or the contents of 'conf.ini' will revert to the lowest stock 4:3 resolution (something like 800x600x8bit ).

Make a copy of your properly set up conf.ini and keep it handy. You'll probably need it again...

There is a no-CD replacement file available, here. Make a backup copy of your original 'il2fb.exe' file, then use the one in this archive to replace it. Don't tell anyone you got it here though.

I am running the official 4.09m patch now + new default skins. I have Hyperlobby working. I am looking forward to flying with youse guys...but don't expect too much, it's been years, but I like WWII too and I want to fly with you, learn and hopefully become something better than a target drone on the public servers.

Any other essential info you might feel helpful appreciated. I have literally not even flown yet since this recent install. S!

Hawkeye

Cool... If you're available tonight maybe we can do a little flying.

Some things to have:

• Make sure you have TeamSpeak set up with the latest new WW TS info (see Private Squadron Business forum section for details).

Umm... anything else you need we'll figure out on the fly. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_biggrin.gif&key=64cd7b7a0036899205810ec0a5b90ed7121d5889dd92733089c47c9758b7f4ae">

Thanks as always for the info! Mum's the word. I'll work on stick button assignments sometime today. You say the landing gear folds up? The prop does what? What are those extra things on the bottom of the wings....

Try not to laugh too hard as I crash on landing /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_eyebrow.gif&key=6298b8757f36c5b71e88688ba855889b984b7ad8680a59136159449163fc82c8">

I could hardly do it when I was able to use external views

S! and thanks again-