Chunk's P3D Screenshots

WWChunk

I like the paint scheme. I see one door on the port side. Non turbo engines? Slower, but you dont use all that fuel just on taxi-ing. I guess not a big deal at a smaller airport, no waiting 10 min for your turn,  after  departures and landings.  Fadec engine control?

Yep, non-turbo pistons. There is a turbine version of the Duke that’s also a hoot to fly, but every now and again, I just want to drag this bird out. I like the early 80’s paint scheme as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nope...Half Moon Bay to Cloverdale.  :)

TE Washington looks amazing from about 2000 feet AGL, but some of the screenshots when the aircraft are down low do not look good at all, is that just how ortho scenery works?

Yeah, how ortho works. That’s why desert areas are so much nicer. The detail is small, and you can get pretty close and it still look good. Even very good.  You’ve seen some of my shots of interior SoCal and Nevada. I’m about 1000 AGL in quite a few of those. 

I regret buying Southern and Central England from them for that reason. I fly low, and it gets pretty messy a lot of the time over that scenery. I debate uninstalling it. Takes up a lot of hard drive. I shouldn’t have bought any of the England stuff in either sim. Oh well. 

At least XP11 is pretty pain free. Lots of updates, but mostly everything works right away afterward. 

Thanks for that tidy explanation Griph!  TE Washington looks incredible in most shots, but not good at all in others.  It is my new home state though, so once I get X-Plane, it's going to be a must have.  That being said, P3D still looks damn good, IMHO.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Fawlty!  I took my wife and kids up there this past weekend, and it was fantastic.  The ferry ride was fun and we took a whale watching boat out to the south of Lopez Island and spend an unbelievably amazing hour watching eight members of the southern resident orca pod play around in the Salish Sea.  Once in a lifetime stuff.  I also spent way too much near KORS watching planes come and go.  :)