Sign in to follow this  
WWChunk

Chunk's P3D Screenshots

I like the paint scheme. I see one door on the port side. Non turbo engines? Slower, but you dont use all that fuel just on taxi-ing. I guess not a big deal at a smaller airport, no waiting 10 min for your turn,  after  departures and landings.  Fadec engine control?

Yep, non-turbo pistons. There is a turbine version of the Duke that’s also a hoot to fly, but every now and again, I just want to drag this bird out. I like the early 80’s paint scheme as well. 

Posted (edited)

Took the Aero Commander out for a spin.  From Felts Field (KSFF) to Bonner's Ferry (65S).

P3D746.jpg

P3D747.jpg

P3D748.jpg

P3D749.jpg

P3D750.jpg

P3D751.jpg

P3D752.jpg

P3D753.jpg

P3D754.jpg

P3D755.jpg

P3D756.jpg

P3D757.jpg

Edited by WWChunk
a semi-colon is not a colon...when it comes to code ;)
  • Like 2

I've looked at this model for XP11.  I think I have enough big twins though.  🙂 

Nice flight over nice country.  

• Like 1

Sunny SoCal, it looks like. 

Orbx released PNW for XP11. I’ll probably get it when it goes on sale. Most of the best sim flying I’ve done was in their original PNW. 

Nope...Half Moon Bay to Cloverdale.  :)

TE Washington looks amazing from about 2000 feet AGL, but some of the screenshots when the aircraft are down low do not look good at all, is that just how ortho scenery works?

Jealous of the V-Tail flights... Mine has been collecting dust recently. Some issue with P3D, crashes every time I start. Really don't want to do the whole rebuild scenario, but I may have to. ((pout!))

As much as I like P3D, it requires almost as much maintenance as FSX did back in the day.  At least in IL-2, I can just fire it up and fly.

But...the V-Tail is f'n gold!

Yeah, how ortho works. That’s why desert areas are so much nicer. The detail is small, and you can get pretty close and it still look good. Even very good.  You’ve seen some of my shots of interior SoCal and Nevada. I’m about 1000 AGL in quite a few of those. 

I regret buying Southern and Central England from them for that reason. I fly low, and it gets pretty messy a lot of the time over that scenery. I debate uninstalling it. Takes up a lot of hard drive. I shouldn’t have bought any of the England stuff in either sim. Oh well. 

At least XP11 is pretty pain free. Lots of updates, but mostly everything works right away afterward. 

Thanks for that tidy explanation Griph!  TE Washington looks incredible in most shots, but not good at all in others.  It is my new home state though, so once I get X-Plane, it's going to be a must have.  That being said, P3D still looks damn good, IMHO.