• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

See, I've missed a LOT.

(resisting the urge to RANT vehemently)

One of the few things I've done solely for my own benefit in my recent life changes was to drop some change on a camera. I've always loved photography, just never had the time or motivation to really learn it. Well, separated after 30+ years of marriage, I sort of have some time.

In the midst of my learning curve, I discovered that LightRoom and PhotoShop CC are my friends. I generally do things with my camera images in reverse of Chunk's methods with screenshots. I start in LightRoom on my phone (Android) with RAW images imported from my camera via network, uploaded to the cloud, shared into Adobe CC, and final edits in PhotoShop. I've been doing nature shots, spending lots of time in the woods, early morning and late evening, catching various things that simply catch my eye. Playing with the camera, experimenting.

TL/DR : Camera stuff, Adobe LightRoom CC/Photoshop CC subscription is the cat's ass. Do it!

~~~

I've got a Canon EOS 80D, a decent mid-range camera. And four lenses: a wide-angle 10mm-18mm image stabalized, a 50mm prime (probably my favorite, though it's the smallest and least "manly" lens I own), A 75-300 zoom (non I/S, cheap, and my only regretted lens purchase), and the cream... a 70-200 F1.4 (tan, red-stripe Canon lens) that is simply AWESOME. It's not image stabalized, the same lens with I/S costs three times what I paid. But I have a really nice mono-pod and head to set the camera on, my shots with that lens are my favorites.

I'll start a new thread with my photo shit... I mean, southern Minnesota in the middle of the corn fields can't be worth seeing, right? It's sooooo boooooring there.

I'll start a new thread with my photo shit... I mean, southern Minnesota in the middle of the corn fields can't be worth seeing, right? It's sooooo boooooring there.

I know it's not boring in Minnesota, but if you ever want a change of scenery, come visit me in the Yukon, lots of wonderful stuff to shoot here.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...