More messing about in Photoshop...

WWChunk

I flew with Screamer on a server for a few hours real late last night. There were two air bases with several targets in each, including SA-6 and SA-15 sites. We tried defeating them in the A-10 with NOE ingress, but we got chewed right up. So out came the Hornet. A few HARM’s later and IAD’s were suppressed.

Then we had an absolute field day on the armor guarding the bases. I took six AGM-65D Maverick’s, six rocket pods with seven APKWS rockets each, four CBU-97 cluster munitions, and of course the GAU-8. I think we each took out 20+ targets a piece. It was absolute carnage. I came back home with ONE rocket left, and 330 rounds of 30mm. That bottom shot is me parked after the mission. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Flew a mission on Castle Anthrax last night and blew up a bunch of shit (thank you for this server @WWBrinson)!!

When I finished up, I wanted to AAR to keep up that most perishable of skills.  I felt better after accomplishing that than anything else during the mission.  I'm of the firm belief that if you can AAR consistently in DCS, you can do anything in the sim.

"Transfer complete...disconnect" is a lovely phrase.

DCS56.jpg

DCS57.jpg

DCS58.jpg

DCS59.jpg

• Like 3

I find the Hornet much easier to refuel midair.  The basket and flying beside the tanker just feel more natural.  I can refuel the A-10, but it usually takes about 3-4 attempts where I get a few gallons and lose contact, and then re-connect for a bit more, etc. 

That final "refueling complete" is pretty sweet!  It would be nicer if it came without interruptions. 

No jokes about that, please. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else find it amazingly *wrong* that the F-14 had to suffer the indignity of hauling iron bombs and A-G rocket launchers? I mean, those indignities are expected with ugly old aircraft like the F-4 Phantom. The Tomcat should get more respect as a pure fighter, not a bomb carrying barge. <<mixing real life and sim life here>> Okay, so it costs an insane amount of time and money to maintain one F-14, that is why the Navy pressed for F-35's while forcing the F/A-18 fleet to be modified enough to hold the line until the F-35's came fully on line. Still, an F-14 is an absurd choice to haul bombs. I guess that's why it's r/l bomb-hauling career didn't last very long.

They could impress me and begin work on the new F-15 EX "Eagle II". At least that one is supposed to haul bombs. And apparently they didn't throw out the tools to make parts for new F-15's the way they did for the A-10. Such a short-sighted shame the Air Force closed Fairchild's Hagerstown, Md. factory and dismantled all the heavy tooling required to build new A-10's. (I used to live just north of there, and worked in the city every day for a couple years.) 

• Like 1