Coop Mission by Coconut

This seems to be the first coop mission built for the new format that I've seen, I've downloaded it but haven't yet tried it. If interested in trying it yourself, here's the info; https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34928-coconut-coops/

Hi all,

This topic contains missions I've made for the coop mode:

CoCoop1.zip Kuban map, 3x IL2m43, 2x A-20, 2x Yak7b, 3x Spitfire, 4x Bf109g4, 2x Bf109g6. Germans cover ships to Taman.

To fly this coop mission as an individual, you must have BOK installed and have the planes included in BOK.

'

Here are photos which display what I am seeing when I attempted to create coop server:

1. No plane available

[attachment=5]IMG_0734.JPG[/attachment]

'2. Nada

[attachment=4]IMG_0735.JPG[/attachment]

3. [attachment=3]IMG_0737.JPG[/attachment]

4. [attachment=2]IMG_0739.JPG[/attachment]

5. Fakes you out with Loading, Please Wait, Screen

[attachment=1]IMG_0741.JPG[/attachment]

6. Next screen is no mission but it is a black screen with three words on the left side telling you RETURN TO LOBBY'.

[attachment=0]IMG_0742.JPG[/attachment]

Of course, I'm sure that I could fly the coop if' the planes I have in BOS/BOM were included. But, as the UPDATE''' is created now, I don't have the aircraft, nor maps. Nice business plan for the Russians though.

All the dollars I've spent purchasing BOS/BOM are just a waste of money since WW does not create missions using their maps. Won't be long' when BOK will be obsolete and Jason will have folks paying for the next UPDATE. Hell, he is advertising another version and he has not got BOS, BOM or BOK working right. :rtfm:

Whereas, in Cliffs of Dover, for example, an update comes and everyone gets the maps, planes, missions, without being screwed financially.

Edited by Guest

What can I say? I'm sure that over the next while people will be making coops for the Stalingrad and Moscow maps so I don't see how you would consider what you currently have to be a waste.

But, currently, the pilots are not WW!!

How many BOS, BOM maps or missions have been created by WW that we now fly? None that I know of! I have to wait until a squadmate becomes available during the week to practice flying a BOK map.

Think I'll go dropkick the cat for a while until I finish this grouch session.

Here, kitty-kitty :twisted:

Spar, I’m all for being a grouch, hell, it’s basically my second job, I really don’t know what to tell you here. I don’t agree with the business model, as it costs a fair amount of money, but I think it’s a lot to ask for all this new stuff to come out in this update, then expect a lot of new missions for BOS/BOM. Additionally, it’s impossible to compare BOX to CloD, as the latter was developed and never completed until TF came along. If Oleg had succeeded, you would’ve seen the same scenario we’re faced with now. Bullshit or not, this will be the model going forward.

Guess this is a good time to make a long overdue apology. I should never have assumed that "NO ONE" will want to fly co-ops.

But, keep all this in mind:

Once the mission starts, everyone picks their plane and hits ready. You just sit on that screen till you assume everyone that is going to come to play has arrived, and has picked their plane and hit ready, and then the host hits start. Once start is hit, no one else can join. If someone comes in 2 seconds late, you can either restart the mission again, or tell them they have to wait.

If someone bumps into another pilots plane during taxi and damages the planes, they are out. Again, you can either restart the mission, or tell them they have to wait till everyone else is finished.

There is no respawn in co-op.

Imho, co-op has no value whatsoever. If you want to fly DiD, you can do it in a TDM mission, and you have to option of making allowances for stupid occurrences.

And, as the host is the one who hits start, I am not even sure if COOP's can be run from the Dserver.

Only comment I would say, is its worth poking around to see how it develops. In the old hyper lobby days we used to fly both co-ops and dogfight missions. I think the difference was the co-ops tended to be short sprints with very defined targets. If someone crashed or came late right at the start we would just restart. They ran as dead is dead, but we could run two or three a night, so if you died you watched everyone else fly the quick mission and you knew you would get another chance to fly in 15 or 20 minutes.

It's nearly eleven o'clock and it's time to climb out of bed. Wife's at church and the rain has stopped. Things appear brighter.

The cat is a little skittish this morning, but after feeding him his favorite meal, he has at least stopped giving me the evil eye.

Gentlemen, I want to apologize for my "howling at the moon" lament written earlier in the morning, but when you reach age 75, being grouchy and bemoaning your plight in life is a side effect of being a senior citizen. My late friend, Gale, once told me, "Ron, we had our turn." Hard to admit that it may be true.

If I wish to continue to fly simulations the path forward is clear.

Edited by Guest

okay....here is the closest metaphor I can give you.

You and your buddies all have their favorite bar. Everyone knows where everyone is suppose to sit. You all sit down in your spot and order a drink. If you are late you might not get a seat or may have to wait for the next round. Geezer slips off the stool by accident and falls on the floor, spilling his drink all over himself. Everyone laughs and calls out " Okay, Hap, you better restart the server, Geezer screwed up again." I get back on my seat, everyone orders another drink and we go fly.

( not arguing for or against, I just miss Happy having to restart the server almost every time)

If you wish to practice and you do not have BOK installed, no WW is awake, or is available here is a Dogfight server which will allow you to practice.

NEW WINGS - Wargrounds: Trains

[attachment=0]New Wi'ngs.JPG[/attachment]

[quote=WWSpardog

...If I wish to continue to fly simulations the path forward is clear.

*sigh* Purchased BOK this morning. :nod_yes:

Then changed graphics settings similar to Craven's (That was a very GOOD move as the game display was much better :t_up::t_up: ). Will try out the Coop he wrote about in another thread.

Edited by Guest

Co-ops have been a HUGE part of the WW’s history, at least since 2004, when I got here. Some of the best times I’ve had here were in Cephas’ Friday night co-ops. Don’t knock ‘em until you try ‘em. :wink:

@ Chunk: Attached are some of Cephas' IL2-1946 Missions

[attachment=0]Cephas_IL2_Missions.zip[/attachment]