Creating flights in Coop's

this gets complicated.....

To have planes in the same FLIGHT, they have to have the exact same name, and be of the exact same type, and of course, the cooperative check box has to be checked in the plane properties.

if you put 4 planes on an airfield to be available, and they are all the same plane type, and you call them ALL German Red.

In the plane selection window of the game, it will show up as German Flight, and planes available will be 1: click to occupy red, 2: click to occupy red etc

if you put 4 planes on an airfield to be available, and they are all the same plane type, and you call them ALL German South Red.

In the plane selection window of the game it will show up as German South Flight, and all the planes will be 1: click to occupy red, 2: click to occupy red etc

There is no reason to use more than three words to name planes. The only ones used are the first 2 (if there are 3 words) to name the flight, and the last word (if there are 2 or more words used to name the plane) to fill in the "click to occupy xxxxx"

If all you use to name the planes in a flight is German, then in the plane selection window the flight will be called German flight, and it will say 1: click to occupy 1, click to occupy 2 etc

If you place 4 planes down, and call them all German South Red, but 2 planes are 109f4, and 2 planes are 109g2, you will end up with 2 flights. Both will be called German South, and both will say 1: click to occupy red.

If you want to make a flight with a leader and wingmen, you place the planes on the map and link them as usual, but you can only use ONE word to describe the wingmen, and the Lead has to be called xxxxx leader. If you name the lead russian red leader, and the wing russian red, then you will end up with 2 flights The lead will be in the first flight (called Russian Red Leader), and the wing be in a flight by himself called Russian Red.

To make this work, you name the lead Russian_red Leader, and the wing Russian_red. You end up with a flight called Russian_Red, and the first plane is 1: click to occupy Leader.

If you put a plane on the map with coop start checked, and leave it named "plane", and place another plane of the same type way on the other side of the map and leave it named "plane", you will end up with both planes in the same flight.

Wow....how many times did you have to try this to get it right?

I have not opened this up yet, but are all the planes in the flight linked to commands to go do stuff? So if you add a plane you have to make the links as well?

All this research is heading directly to slightly increasing the plane count in Vanderstocks Coop. I suppose the lazy approach would be to leave his flights completely alone and add a White flight somewhere on the map with four more planes that don’t link to anything to allow more flyers.

Appreciate your work on this Duck.

So are the COOP missions themselves ready for prime time? I am either going to spend time this weekend trying to convert last nights mission to German instead of Russian ( a few folks calling for mercy on Russian aircraft, ready for a change ) or take two COOP missions and beef up the number of players on each side.

Just depends on what people want to do next.

Yes if you added a plane and you wanted it to follow a leader, you would have to link it with something, unless that plane had one purpose, and that would be to be occupied by a human.

This all came about because of the way we fly. 3 or more flights, with the possibility of 2 or more airfields to take off from. Without the luxury of a map when we choose our planes, I thought we might need more descriptive names to the flights in order to tell which ones we need to take. Granted, the plane type would always be a big clue. And I was headed more to what needed to be done to take a tdm mission, and make it a Coop.

I have no idea of where Vander's coops are. I looked at no. 1. There are a few Command attacks, and a ton of Command attack areas. Most of them are set to medium priority. Some are attack ground, some are attack air. I suppose there is no reason to jump to the conclusion Vander screwed up the mission, so maybe we(I) are just flying it wrong? But I have yet to fly it and been able to get an AI to engage me.