OT - usb microscope

Been looking at an inexpensive usb microscope and decided to take a chance and get it. Only about 13 bucks..

Was running out of things to show the grandkids with it (coins, skin ect), and plucked some grass to see what that looked like. Was moving it around slowly trying to find the edge of the grass, and all of a sudden we saw some legs moving around. Managed to hit the record button without loosing the little thing. In real life, I would put this about the size of the period in this post. Damn these things are ugly...

">

yep, that's it. Mount looks better than mine, but I scrapped the mount, and just held it flush with the table.

Drivers (that I have) do not work with w10, so had to use a laptop with xp/w7

https://www.tmart.com/S02-1X-500X-2MP-USB-Digital-Microscope-Portable-8-LED-Electron-Endoscope-Magnifier_p375840.html

I'm kinda pissed I tossed away a little piece of transparent plastic with a grid on it that comes with the scope. I think what you can do with these is calibrate them, so you get a scale on what you are viewing, and can see exactly the size of the object.

• 2 years later...

was just hanging around waiting for one of those Dr. telephone appointments, and thought I would see if MS ever got around to getting W10 drivers for my usb microsope.

Plugged it in and W10 installed it!

These are fun little toys for seeing things you would normally not see.

close up of my pores.....you can see a shaved hair, and another hair just starting to pop up from a pore...

and yes....this is facial hair....

beard.thumb.jpg.477df9b6fc5d4d187e47bdd92713c602.jpg