Sign in to follow this  
WWSittingduck

Coop ai taking off.

Geezer, for what it's worth

The ai know where the runway is, and if told to take off, will try and taxi to the runway if they are not starting out there. The point to take off from is pretermined, so wind direction does not effect where the ai will try to take off from.

single engine aircraft seem to take off best when

1: they are lined up with runway and 2: "no taxi takeoff" is selected in the advance properties of the take off command linked to the leader.

The il2's in the allied gold for some reasone were jocking around for position at the begining of the airfield, and tended to collide. When I select the no taxi, they took off fine.

The field where our red/blue/gold takes off from does not have a runway per say, the whole field is one big square runway, so for the most part, the planes just take off straight from where they are positioned at start.

Looking at Gold flight axis in our coops. If I checked the no taxi takeoff, the leader just spun round endlessly. When I unchecked the no taxi takeoff, the lead pulled out and taxied a little (no idea why), but eventually line himself up for a southern take off, and they all make it up. I thought maybe he was trying to get himself on the left side of the formation on the field, so switched them around, but that did not make any differende. He pulls out to the left, and then pulls forward so 2,3 and 4 can get all lined up in a row.

Single engine aircraft, if NOT lined up with the runway, should not have the no taxi takeoff checked. They will try to taxi to the end of the runway, and line them selves up. If anything (building, truck) is in their way, it increases the odds they will not take off.

Keep in mind, this is from a "no human in formation" standpoint.

[attachment=0]coop fields.jpg[/attachment]

digging into this a bit this weekend. I forgot that airfields are objects with a defined pathway for taxiing and take off. It think that is part of the mix in getting this cleaned up. Will let you know what I discover. Going to focus on missions 4, 5 and 6...if I can get that cleaned up than will go back to 3, 4 and 5 to confirm the same. Obviously if no AI get in the air on the enemy side the whole thing is not good.

( by the time I get all ten missions cleaned up everyone will be completely bored with the COOPs!)

( mission builders burden...)

spent most of the morning on this. Need a few more rounds to get it right. On all the airfields I never check "no taxi"....meaning I want them to taxi.

Most of my fails related to the position of the aircraft and the taxi path that is edited when you place an airfield object. Appears you can place multiple airfield objects on the same field and depending on where you place the parking area and take of area ( and perhaps the take off command) but the aircraft follow the path you place. I think the planes do act a little different on the very defined airstrips versus the big open fields.

My problem is I had taxi paths that took you into parked planes and it became a cluster foof. Than on White flight for allied I had planes in the same flight crossing over themselves to get to the taxi point.

Have gotten them to stop crashing, now trying to get white flight to act like a flight and joint up with the flight lead. I have a feeling if a live pilot takes the leaders spot, they need to know where to fly on the field for take off to wake up the AI to follow them. Otherwise they sit and wait for the lead to take off and then they decide to taxi

forgot about that part (taxi routes).

So you hit the map icon that gives you the airfield runways, then hit edit graph, and you can see the taxi routes....that correct???

Won't lie to you....think it is much easier to just put the planes on the end of the runway, and tell them no taxi......