Stats Awards

Damn, only took a year to figure this out...

Banged my head against the wall for 2 months cause I was editing the awards.txt file in wordpad and not note pad, and it was adding some formating.

Took me another month to find you have to indent 4 spaces and 8 spaces, and not the normal tab of 5 spaces....

But we do have pretty awards to look at now.

I can specify an award on what a plane does as allied or axis

I can only specify an award on if the plane is a fighter or bomber for sorties. Once you are past a sortie, and into a mission, a pilot can fly both fighter and bomber, so I guess there is no way for it to sepearate the 2 sets of stats.

Once the awards were entered into the stats, I had to tell the program to re-parse all the mission files so it could hand out awards for past missions, and it bombed on some 2017 missions. I move all the missions except 2019 out of the txt file, and little by little I will add all the old missions till i find the time frame it does not like.

Not sure if this problem is going to stick or go away, but did notice in chrome, somettimes the awards are all arranged vertically, instead of left to right.

Gotta hand it to you Duck, having the awards show on the stats page is a very nice touch. I'm also impressed with your perseverance in getting the darn things to work properly, don't know if I would have the patience that you do.

Anyway it looks really good, all horizontal for me and I'm using Firefox.

ty

was under a much different impression of what this awards page was all about. just seemed natural to me to assume at the end of a "tour" (31 days), it would start all over, but seems this is not the case.

would like to see if I can figure a work around....

tried to do a poll...but screwed it up...

input: should awards be cleared out at the end of a tour

If you said yes to above, how long should a tour last 30days/60days/90days?

this will only clear awards. Stats like streak and other pilot info should stay unchanged.

Am kinda pissed that if a pilot has a streak going, gets an award, and gets killed, they still have the streak medal. It is not the way I thought it would work.

Was doing a little poking around on the stats page when I came across someone (okay, a couple of someone's:classic_biggrin:) who had a Goober medal awarded, anyone every tell you how painful it is to snort hot coffee out through your nose? 

I thought it was a nice touch regardless but now I'm wondering what criteria you used to determine how Goober is awarded?

BTW, I think it's messed up because Geezer doesn't have any yet🎖️

yeah,,,guess I did not have quite the handle on these awards that I thought I did....

You are right thou,,,,,I tried to "aim" it at Geezer....but it would never work.  I messed around with the criteria of the award, and it still did not work, so gave up, but left it in there...

and then damn...it popped up last night.

I edit it to something else, cause you can not remove an award.

? why was it stretched?   should I have made sure the canvas size was the correct overall size, and then positioned the award image inside the canvas?

• 2 weeks later...

Think I have the syntax for various awards figure out. 

Am able to segregate awards by coalition and plane type (fighter/bomber) for most of the categories:  sorities, missions, and tours (30 days by default).  Jabo will always show up as fighter.

We fly Axis for the most part, so those awards are not prefixed by coalition.   

AK = air kills  GK = ground kills     Allied s-b  2 AK means it is an award for a pilot flying Allied  in a bomber (aircraft medium or aircraft heavy) and got 2 air kills in one sortie  Because Axis awards have no prefix, am able to spell out the award with more specifics, ie sortie bomber 2 AK

Have to wait till March 1 to make sure I understand the full extent of what happens to awards at the end of a tour.  Will make sure I have some Virtual Life awards set up before that happens, cause I want to see what happens to them at end of tour.

Some may have noticed during the current tour awards come and go.  That was only because some of the award specifics were "vague".  I had to add parenthesis like you do in an equation to specify the order of operation, and once I did, some awards might have disappeared, and some awards might have appeared.

Awards from a previous tour can always be viewed.  At least till I screw something up.  On the right of the menu bar there is a drop down for previous tours.  Just switch to January, and everything is still there.

Have yet to put in streak awards.  What I don't like about streak awards is if you die, and end your streak, the awards still shows up.  It was not the way I expected it to work.

What is in there now for awards is pretty much just to set a baseline, a way to test different entries.  Am more than willing to set up a new set of criteria for the various awards.

edit...screen shots;

The formation pic for the WWHappy memorial will always be my favorite, and it has to be large for all of it to show up.   I figured out a way to make background images for the page rotate, but they are put on top of a "wrapper", or background area.   Unless I can figure a way to rotate the size of the wrapper, all pics have to be the same basic size of the Formation pic (1920x554).  If anyone has any screen shots or images they want included, just make them 1920x554 and I will add them to the rotations.

Edited by WWSittingduck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1