Sign in to follow this  
WWGeezer

Couger Comm's Solution

Haven't mapped everything yet, but keyboard was making me crazy for all the comm's configuration, especially if I changed flights at the last minutes.

I have had this Couger sitting in a box for a year.  Has enough buttons to map a Gold, Red and Blue Flight configuration ahead of time.  Using the top for jumping between channels.

Pretty Sexy eh?

unnamed.jpg

Funny, I was thinking of doing the same with my Cougar that's sitting in the cupboard.  Any chance you could send me a jpg or pdf of your insert?

looks really cool when it is all lit up too.  Not sure if it is worth what I spent on the couger, but it is nice having the num pad back ( obsessive mapping).

unnamed.jpg

I'm outta USB ports don't want that much crap on my desk....Icy, if you like the set up, I will mail you the second cougar with the printed template.  Let me know.

Could revise the template if you know you will never fly Red or Blue......you pick up 10 buttons, plus the toggles count for another 8.   I can customize the insert page if you want me to just remove Red and Blue....than you can just write in what you want to use them for.

I have a set, love them. I use  one of mine for gear up, trim, canopy, etc.  it sits between stick and throttle, easier than reaching for the keyboard. 

Here is how I ended up on my whispers, did a test run and it ran fine.  Will see how it goes on Tuesday night.

Pic1.jpg

Got mine finished up, a little different from Geezer's.  In mine I added the channel which I would be based in addition to the one I want to whisper to.  Reason I did that is so all members of my channel can hear the discussion I'm having with the whisper channel.

I also skipped a whisper from for example Red to Red and replaced it with a Red to all WW flights.  Added a couple of screens to show what I mean.

269444511_TSWhispers.jpg.f7392002de7fb0f9d12069e5dc2003a0.jpg133235813_TSWhispers2.jpg.4e095f6777e14f445a7fb1a8ac6d2ade.jpg

Yeah, No logical reason for a red / red whisper and can see the need for an all hands whisper.  I guess technically you could do that with a single buttonregardless what channel you were in.

Have to say that this setup worked perfectly last night, way better than having to reach out to the keyboard and find the right keys to push.  I took the liberty of modifying Geezer's original work to suit how I wanted mine setup.

87983102_CougarMFDComms.thumb.jpg.c710a64e76a40abc32f835b610dbaa02.jpg

Modified one of these for Icy.  Changed the Black channel to "ALL" like Craven did.  Also added my cheat diagram for clock and compass directions ( sorry I get a little dyslexic) 

Icy let me know if you want any changes, mailing out Saturday

Image 1.jpg

Okay, had to make on more change.....this piece of hardware just went from interesting experiment to the coolest thing!

Comms.JPG

Image 1.jpg

• Like 1

I've looked at those before and never quite got enthused enough to buy one. Now... Hmmm.

$80 new, on Amazon. Two units per pack. 

LOL... only two left in stock at Amazon. Who's gonna get'em first? 😄

Looks like its sold.  Did you buy it Grif?  I'm interested...

Hey Chunk. I didn’t. Wouldn’t have been much cheaper than Amazon after shipping. And it would have taken to almost March to get to us.  

I can get it from Amazon for $40 plus shipping to you if you’d like to split a set. Just let me know. 

Sure, I'm game for it.  Can I PayPal or Venmo money to you, or would you like a check?