New Skins Location

WWDubya

WW Skins are now (or will be)  located in the left hand panel of the main Paint Shed forum area. I'm working on activating all links right now.

Also, I'm consolidating all the personal skins into the general squad skin downloads, so we don't have more than one DL per aircraft.

Craven, I've taken the liberty of adding the shiny alphas onto your newest offerings and dropped them into the main P47 DL. Hope you don't mind.

Edited by WWDubya

2 hours ago, WWDubya said:

Interesting.

I thought I added the WYSIWYG column to just the Paint Shed area, but it appears in every forum section.

Is this something that we want to keep as-is?

I'd prefer  to have it show only in the Paint Shed area and have the Stats page moved to the main front page.  Otherwise it looks really nice, thanks Dub.

Yeah, the skins links need to be limited to only being available in the Skins forum area. I use mobile to view the forums quite often, and that lengthy list of links shows above all the forum areas. But... I haven't had a chance to play with it much, and I damn sure appreciate having all those links available.

@WWSittingduck : I'm not 100% positive, but I think a 'last updated on...' can be added to each file. Maybe. That might only be for actual downloads configured on the site through the new interface, not just a link list. What's the name of that one site with all the IL-2 '46 stuff on their downloads section, nicely separated into various categories (skins, missions, updates, etc.) ?? (I'll figure it out later)

55 minutes ago, WWCraven said:

I think it's Mission 4 Today.

Yup, that's the one. Thanks! I was thinking that our downloads section could look something like that. Logged in WW members will have the ability to add files, perhaps even directly access their Vault folders instead of using an FTP client program. 

51 minutes ago, WWSandMan said:

Logged in WW members will have the ability to add files, perhaps even directly access their Vault folders instead of using an FTP client program. 

That's VERY cool Sandy!!!  Reminds me, I need to purge some files out of my vault folder.

Temporary change, the skins are available from the Home page link, left column towards the bottom. Click to expand the "Spoiler" info to show the full listing.

This is a temporary setup and will be replaced shortly with an actual page (soon as I figure out how to add it to the top-level menus.)

I removed that skins block from the forum listing because it completely over-took forum viewing on mobile. And apparently I can't assign the block to be forum specific (visible only in the Paint Shed, for example.)

In my exuberance, I lost the mini-block to Duck's server rankings. I'll get that link and create a new mini block for accessing Duck's server stats.

Update: Created a new page with the skins links. From the "Browse" menu, the Paint Shed link is in there. I've kept the one in the home page list for now, but to avoid having to edit two different lists, that one will go away. 

I still want downloads such as that to be in the overall Downloads area, but I first need to set Categories and such.