Invite

Salute Wing Walkers!

Sorry that we haven't been flying with you guys for a while. RL commitments (Overtime at work) had limited my personal availability but I definitely had a great time flying with you and all JG1s who were participating agree.

For the past few months JG1 Shulte (Moxy) has been hard at work adapting the Coconut engine to use for a Ghost Skies inspired tournament and I have been helping as much as my limited abilities allow. We are now pretty comfortable that it is working quite well but we are in need of assistance in confirming it's readiness (and we are looking for opinions and suggestions) so we were hoping that Wing Walkers might agree to do so. We have not reached out to any others at this point. 

Here is the preamble to the "Presentation" document:

Salute

Welcome to the JG1's "Ghost Skies" dynamic campaign tournament, revised by JG1 for the "Battle of Stalingrad series" using Coconut's "Dynamic campaign system"! JG1's Ghost Skies,  is an immersive campaign with missions that are centered around the core concept of a single "life" for pilots or aircrew. Regardless of the situation, survival should always be a priority. 
  Our campaign features Coconut's expansive  logistics system that ties into both the air war and the system controlled ground war. 
  Team commanders must manage and coordinate air operations to support their ground forces. Victory is determined by meeting objectives, and not simply accumulating points.

JG1's Ghost Skies runs a 2-hour mission once a week. Mission night is Wednesday, from 9:30pm to 11:30pm ET. Campaigns are run on 
our custom modified map of Coconut's SSC and Sturmovik campaign, a dynamic campaign system developed by Johann Deneux, AKA Coconut's
 The missions are dynamically generated and based on the previous mission's results. Every action that each player takes, will directly affect the course of the campaign. If you are looking for a challenging online experience that rewards teamwork, tactics,  and strategy, we invite you to check out JG1's Ghost Skies. 

Here is a link to the Presentation as well as a map for the battle area:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4fvu568xeqj2hyh/AAAZbeOpv6h0q11XGsFNV5Q0a?dl=0

We currently are testing on Wednesdays officially starting at 18:00 PST (but it usually doesn't start on the dot as people tend to straggle in between 18:00 to 18:30).

Please let us know if you have interest.

Vonrd

EDIT:

Oh... BTW ... the new Website looks AWESOME! Congratulations!

Edited by II./JG1_Vonrd
  • Like 2

Salute Vonrd!

Thanks for dropping in to visit our new home, glad you like it.

Looks like you gents have been very busy working on this campaign, certainly has peaked my interest.  I'm sure we'll have a discussion about this just as I'm certain this campaign will generate some willing "testers".  Hopefully it won't take too long to formally get back to you about this.

Thanks for posting VonRd....will give this a closer read.  Regarding available aircraft and mission goals, this seems to be more straight forward than the last format.  I think some folks got a little overwhelmed by all the requirements for how you got to aircraft to fly.

The Wednesday night timeslot is good for most of us.

Will discuss with the chaps on Tuesday.

6 hours ago, WWDubya said:

I like that the "rules" are controlled and maintained by the map design and mission mechanics. A pilot's only concern is flying to support the day's mission objectives.

Yeah, the idea is that the sever controls all the rules... there is no "Honor System" preventing (hopefully) any heated arguments about rules infringements... if the server allows it, well... it's allowed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WWZed said:

Where do you see plane sets?

Here's the current plane set (but it's not writ in stone):

Planes:
        - Model: Bf109e7
        - Model: Bf109f4
        - Model: Bf109g2
        - Model: Fw190a3
        - Model: Bf110e
        - Model: Ju88
        - Model: Ju87
        - Model: Ju52
        - Model: He111h6

- Model: I16
        - Model: IL2Mod42
        - Model: P40
        - Model: Yak1s69
        - Model: Lagg3
        - Model: Pe2s87
        - Model: SpitfireMkVb
        - Model: P39
        - Model: A20

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Here's the current plane set (but it's not writ in stone):

Planes:
        - Model: Bf109e7
        - Model: Bf109f4
        - Model: Bf109g2
        - Model: Fw190a3
        - Model: Bf110e
        - Model: Ju88
        - Model: Ju87
        - Model: Ju52
        - Model: He111h6

- Model: I16
        - Model: IL2Mod42
        - Model: P40
        - Model: Yak1s69
        - Model: Lagg3
        - Model: Pe2s87
        - Model: SpitfireMkVb
        - Model: P39
        - Model: A20

Thank you...

15 hours ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Here's a link to our "Consolidated Skins Downloads"

http://forum.jg1.org/topic/5560-consolidated-download-links/

We do have a link to Wing Walkers skins there but it is probably outdated. I surmise that your skins download link is in process right now.

You can find our skins by clicking on the "Browse" button and choosing "Paint Shed."  They are dated by last upload.  Go ahead and let them overwrite any WW skins  you may have.

• Like 1

this is a go tonight for those that are interested.  I am posting on the private squadron page the TS and password info 

I think they would encourage us to fly against them, but we should get on TS with them and chat first ( may not have enough numbers )

Well shit, won't be able this Wednesday , lady's car is gone down, and I have an ear ache from hell.

Went and dropped altitude today to just under 4000 ft. Then drove back up too 5600 and my ear can't regulate the pressure.

Happens every time.

Will be game for next week.

Was going to try to join late after the kids left, but Lisa cut the tip of her finger off preparing dinner.  She's a real danger with a knife.  I usually do the chopping for that reason, but she was just cutting up some cilantro for garnish and there went the tip of her finger!  So, was an eventful evening after that.  

• Sad 1

I hope she'll start paying a bit more attention now.  Doc thinks it will grow back.  She took off a round chunk about a centimeter in diameter, but only maybe 2-3mm thick in the middle.  I keep my knives sharp, so it was an extremely clean cut.  She's being a trooper about it.  Made for a bit of a rough night for her, though.  

nothing worse then looking at your body and there is a part mission.  I cut off the top of my finger, and was waiting out front for the ambulance, holding  my hand above my head, blood streaming down my arm.  Ambulance arrives, and guy rushes out to me and says "where did you hurt yourself?"  I'm thinking "are you shitting me???".  He wanted to know WHERE i hurt myself...ie...where is the top of my finger...

I think the worse part is looking down at the chopping block and seeing a part of your body laying there.  🙂

As I told Chunk, she was a trooper about it.  While I was trying to stop the bleeding and treat it, she kept grabbing her phone and pulling off the packing so she could take a picture of it.  Lol.   Then she wanted to dig around in the trash and find the missing bit just to see it.  She's something.

She's a wine drinker, but I thought after we got it bandaged that a shot of my tequila might ease the pain a bit.  Now I'm going to have to hide my tequila from her.  

• Haha 2